Originally Posted By: HighlyTrainedExNovaTeacher

Out of interest, how come you booked a flight without knowing this info?

HTNT, sometimes people coming from OS have no control over what time they arrive so they have to fit in with whatever they can get at the time.
If you can't spend the extra cash on the skybus, get a cheap business hotel and have a good night out in Sapporo. If you do that, you'll end up spending the same amount anyway!

I did my research and found this something that clearly states that the last bus leave @21:30. But when I tried to book, no joy sjangry.gif

I'm coming after work from Osaka and this is the only flight out of Itami that fit my schedule.

I'm a Japan newbie, so dozo yorosh ku onegai shimas.

Since it's a Friday night you could train/bus it into Sapporo and party all night then catch the first bus out to Niseko in the morning. If you don't feel like hitting the snow with a hangover, just find a cheapo business hotel as close as possible to the bus station and crash. Possibly might be cheaper to catch a taxi to a hotel near the airport for the night and back to the airport bus stops in the morning. I stayed at the hotel in the airport twice, but both times it was on JAL's tab (cancelled flights), so I don't know the $$$.

You should also be aware that many of things that are running during winter in Niseko generally have finished operation by April. Pretty sure the free shuttle bus around Hirafu village has ceased running by then so I hope your accomm is close to the lifts. The free night bus to Kutchan will have stopped as well. Also in April lift operation can start to be scaled back and a number of restaurants and bars will probably close as well. Still you'll have the mountain to yourself.

That's the way it was for us in April 07 GN!

No Shuttle bus, no Kutchan bus, many of the resturants closed (but a good selection still open), and scaled back lift operation.

The Gondola was only open on weekends. But there was not one queue anywhere.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
I love Niseko, but going there in April is a waste of time and money. Go somewhere else and ride some bigger mountains. Save Niseko for when you can enjoy the powder there. thats my 2 yen worth.

And a mighty valuable 2 yen it is too CB.