I just heard of a few people going up to Niseko for a month in February. I was wondering why they were doing that, rather than spending time in different places.

It seems Niseko is really popular, but wouldn't a week or 2 there and exploring some other places as well be better?

Rajeem,

Sounds like you haven't been there yet!

If you get a all mountain pass to niseko its a huge place that one doesn't get sick of. But if I was there for a month, I would like to try a few other places.

I like the idea of sticking around in one place for a month. Niseko is the obvious place to do that. I don't think I would want to live in Hakuba for a month. Hirafu has the great village feeling and there are a ton of people to meet. A month is enough time to get to know some cool people and ride quite a bit. Doesn't seem strange at all. I would totally consider doing it for the whole season. Don't think of it as a vacation man, it is just winter.

ender hit it on the head.

I spent 5 weeks at the one resort here this winter and never got tired or bored and loved every minute of it and would definatley do it again.

I'm in Niseko for a full month with a full mountain pass and I'm looking forward to getting to know the mountain as well as I do my local one. Bring it on!!! All we need is snow now!

So just about each and every one of us spends one month (no, wrong, year after year) in the same place, doing the same thing every day, working in the same office, catching the same stinking train train, blah blah blah....... bor****inring....

Lemme see.........umm, yes, I would BLOODY WELL LOVE to spend one month at the same snow resort just picking and choosing what part of the mountain or type of riding I would do each day, how hard I rode, if I rode or got pissed whilst waiting for powder, arranging to meet up with different friends as they passed through for a week at a time, shock horror.... I might even try to get laid!!!! And god forbid, I would have the time to do it as well. yippeeeee.

Nah, stuff that, who wants one month in the same snow resort, especially Niseko. Boring