Do you enjoy being a gaijin in Japan?

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

Yeah, been here too long that if another person asks me if I can use chopsticks theyre going to be shoved up that persons @ss ;\) Or, after just saying good morning somebody compliments you on how good your Japanese is? WTF? crazy.gif

I dont feel like a gaijin anymore, but certainly not a Japanese. Anybody else feel that way too? Kinda in limbo?

Yeah me too mate.
I still get stunned comments when people find out I eat miso soup, fish and rice and a pretty daily basis! Well.. err, my wife is Japanese and basically my kids have been brought up that way too and I been here 10 years.. I still eat vegemite almost every morning!

I had a funny experience on Saturday at a local onsen, which I originally thought I was being approached by a guy because I was gaijin. Turned out he only wanted to ram something up my ass, gaijin or not mad.gif
 Originally Posted By: Indo
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

Yeah, been here too long that if another person asks me if I can use chopsticks theyre going to be shoved up that persons @ss ;\) Or, after just saying good morning somebody compliments you on how good your Japanese is? WTF? crazy.gif

I dont feel like a gaijin anymore, but certainly not a Japanese. Anybody else feel that way too? Kinda in limbo?

Yeah me too mate.
I still get stunned comments when people find out I eat miso soup, fish and rice and a pretty daily basis! Well.. err, my wife is Japanese and basically my kids have been brought up that way too and I been here 10 years.. I still eat vegemite almost every morning!

I had a funny experience on Saturday at a local onsen, which I originally thought I was being approached by a guy because I was gaijin. Turned out he only wanted to ram something up my ass, gaijin or not mad.gif

haha, wasn't at the YMCA was it?? ;\)

That situation has kinda happened to me as well, after working out at the gym I went for a soak in the jacuzzi, where I managed to empty the bubbly bath of a gaggle of obasans, so with the bath to myself I slunk low in the water and relaxed. Only to feel this pair of staring eyes focussing on me from the side, I turn round and this guy is staring right at me with a creepy look on his face, he climbs in and I'm thinking to myself "WTF??!!", just away to say something like "Bugger off ya #@*%$!!!!" when he starts talking. Turns out he used to live in England and wanted to talk football with me!! It was till pretty weird tho