Any of you out there who live in the UK or have access to british TV may have seen a report on Niseko that featured on Ski Sunday - Looked fantastic! I have built up the idea of snowboarding in Japan in my head but what i saw on this report was breathtaking!!

Did anyone see it? If so, would you be able to advise what part of Niseko it was filmed in, and also maybe what time of year?

Cheers in advance! Wooooo!

Thanks bag of crisps

I guess that would explain the white stuff and the volcano, well the white stuff at least...its not quite as silly a question as it sounds as the snow looked amazing to me and he said apparently it wasnt a great time for snow...but didnt say when he was there. Prolly early season unless he filmed it last year.

(prawn cocktail crisps are amazing, i also like wousterestershershire sauce flavour and monster munch - thats my crisp preference - oh and cool doritos, and lime doritos, and tangy toms - thought you might be interested)

how square on a view did you get of Yotei? Invariably it would start off at the Higashiyama hotel and pan over to Hirafu for the great night life apres ski.

Don't worry about where it is as it's all there.

• 5 weeks later...

hey al, i didn't watch the programme but read the article on the bbc website. from what was written, seems like it was filmed in hirafu. there're 3 resorts around in niseko. niseko annupuri, niseko higashiyama and hirafu. hirafu's the biggest but can be slightly crowded sometimes. personally, my favourite's annupuri. you never ever have to queue for the lifts and great place for beginners as well. as for the best time to ski, february's got the highest snow fall but the weather could be stormy from time to time. march is still great. the resort itself's open from end of nov til beginning of may. obviously, the snow's not going to be great by may so i'll say jan, feb and march will the best months to come over here.

hope this helps!

Same tune, but the programme has changed radically over the past few years. When I left the UK it used to be pretty much only cover the world cup ski rounds, downhill, slalom etc. Now it's more of a lifestyle show, with some coverage of world cup skiing, but other stuff like celebs learning how to improve their technique and seeing how their times improve on a slalom course, articles on skiing from all different parts of the world (Kashmir a couple of weeks ago).

nah, Colin Jackson did the Holiday program, it was filmed last February (think pretty much all the skiing that appeared was at rusutsu).

The ski sunday bit was filmed in December in hirafu.