Aye, maiden's water the tea here. Far too weak for milk tea. To say nothing of the places that give you coffee whitener.

If you have to buy in an ordinary supermarket, the big ones have Twinings English Breakfast. That ones not too bad as milk tea. Pricey though.

I also find that the tea here is very high in Tannin's, my teeth get a horrible gritty feeling after drinking it. I'm no tea snob, I usually just use regular brand teabags back home.

I like Tetleys, also have a soft spot for PG Tips, probably just because they like to dress chimps up in clothes and make adverts outa them!! lol.gif

Gotta love a chimp with clothes on, preferably smoking a cigar with a glass of beer in hand! lol.gif

I guess teabags are a classic example of how marketing/brand image is everything, cos they all taste basically the same.

Personally I liked PG Tips cos of the pyramid shaped bags, but as a student I was happy with supermarket own brands.

Now is it 100% Cappuccino - tea is for losers.

Originally Posted By: bobby12

Now is it 100% Cappuccino - tea is for losers.

I'm not a connoisseur. (I even had to look up 'connoisseur' in dictionary.com.) But as far as I'm concerned, B12 is just blind to all of the possibilities. A big chunk of ginger is one easy way to make cheap supermarket tea pretty hip cool.gif

We used to have a Teasmaker.In the morning it would make the tea and then the alarm would go off. But over the years it wore out cry.gifSo we bought a kettle for the bedroom.The alarm goes off I switch the kettle on. when it boils I make the tea and we have two cups before we get out of bed. ;\)