So im heading to Japan at the end of March and i want to turn japanese like the song - turning japanese.

So far i plan to dine at the ninja restaurant, the lock up, eat fugu, buy used panties (for other people), ride ridiculous powder, stay in a capsule hotel, perhaps a love motel and hopefully join and rise up through the ranks of the Yakuza (just kidding). Does anyone have any suggestions as to any other crazy things for me to get up to?

Im pretty much down for whatever so no suggestion is too silly!!

Have an onsen, its not really crazy, but a must do especially after a day on the slopes. Who wouldn't like to get naked with a bunch of strange men?? \:D

Eat raw horse

Go to a Soapland place (a rub & tug place where the ladies are all soaped up)

nice avatar indo - naughty corey!

al, i think you'll find japan is quite exotic for the first time visitor and there'll be no end of crazy things in everyday life that'll keep you entertained and bewildered for months.

I wanna go scuba diving in okinawa, surfing in the middle of winter,

and what else was there?

oh yeah, see the migrating swans near the mogami river delta and do the boat trip down the river through the canyons.

oh and see the ninja place near kansai. Has anyone been there? They have this ninja house with all the hidden doors and they have demo ninja fights.. awesome dood..

Hello 'al from scotland',

Good list there already, add maybe.... go to a 'maid cafe' and watch the 'otaku' (nerds obsessed with manga / anime, etc) in Akehabara in Tokyo (no sexual aspect to those, despite amazing maid outfits - apart from in the imaginations of sad nerds who go there).

... go shopping for the cheapest random bit of techno-tat in the same district, at night.

...staying in a love hotel is also great - very kitch - especially the cheapest ones that haven't been renovated recently.

Go and look at the monkeys in an onsen - if you are in Nagano.

also:

if you can, find out if there are any local festivals on in whereever you are going, at that time, and go to those / local shrines.

Tokyo disneyland is only crazy as in a waste of your time in Japan.

go up the metropolitan government building in Tokyo at dusk and have a drink and check out the view.

Lots of onsens.

Wander down some side streets and see what you find.

Buy the cheapest thing you can find in the poshest department store you can find, and say it's a gift, and watch the amazing wrapping skills.

First of all, thanks everyone - some good suggestions there!

AK - i am mates with some lecht regulars - Jamie Reiach for example, he has a 2090 tattoo which is pretty much as dedicated to the lecht as one could possibly get!!

Gimme some names and ill let you know...Im not big into it on account of the lecht is shite, but i do try and go up as often as possible. Prefer glenshee - if they could lift the park from 2090 and chuck it at glenshee, i would be much happier.

I know boys who work in Boarderline, one of my good mates Andy used to work there so i ken those boys ken. Braaap.

Originally Posted By: stemik
 Originally Posted By: Mantas
Slay a dolphin.

not a very nice thing to say

Not a nice thing to do either.
Yes your right, it wasn't the time or place, sorry, I posted that before my first cup of coffee early this morning. shifty.gif

Back on topic.
Al- Make sure you sink a few beers (a few dozen if your Scottish) at a Karaoke bar. Your singing will improve dramatically with every beer you drink.
\:\)

Do they cater for round eye? I went to a Cantonese karaoke bar in Singapore because i used to live in honk kong and reckoned i remembered how to sing canto happy birthday "WRONG"!!! Totally **** it, and i cant read Cantonese so the subtitling didnt really help. The asians were hating Al that day!

A few dozen beers and some Karaoke sounds great! My chinese uncle showed me how to do it properly! My speciallity is Eminem in a glasweigan accent. It has to be seen to be believed.

Glenshee is way better than the Lecht.

Definitely hit a karaoke place Al, a karaoke night down at the Star and Garter its not!! How many of you are coming over? Karaoke is better with as many as possible, especially if you are as bad as me!!

Get a Nomihodai (all you can drink) in an izakaya for only 6 quid.

All i can drink for £6? Im strongly considering quitting my job and becoming a Japanese Whaler - this place rules!!!

There are just two of us coming over, myself and a dundonian - should be good crack, hopefully we can make some mental mates to go Boarding/ drinking/ karaoking with.

We are friendly chaps thats for sure - im pretty big in japan too.

Originally Posted By: al from scotland
First of all, thanks everyone - some good suggestions there!

AK - i am mates with some lecht regulars - Jamie Reiach for example, he has a 2090 tattoo which is pretty much as dedicated to the lecht as one could possibly get!!
Gimme some names and ill let you know...Im not big into it on account of the lecht is shite, but i do try and go up as often as possible. Prefer glenshee - if they could lift the park from 2090 and chuck it at glenshee, i would be much happier.
I know boys who work in Boarderline, one of my good mates Andy used to work there so i ken those boys ken. Braaap.

Small world, eh. Jamie Reiach is a ripper for sure. I know him, Sketch, Pete Wier and Craig Howie, and some of the Hillend boys from a summer spent on the bristles there, and heard about the other rippers at the Lecht from my mate Matt Hines from Stonehaven, who I did a couple of seasons in Bourg with.

Are you coming up to Hakuba for a shred?