How do these type of passes work? They have these options at Niseko and I do not understand how they work?

The system at Niseko is an electronic card. You wave the card to get into each lift. So, I figure that clocks you as the start ??? So, how does it clock you as stopping ???

It is hourly. If you go through lift gates at 8.30, 9.10, 10.00 and 2.15 it will 'charge' you 8.30-10.30 (2 hrs) plus 2.15-3.15 (1 hr) so 3 hours for the day.

We tossed around the idea of using this pass but in the end went for the 14 day pass (and will get another few days at the end). The 50 hr is the same price as the 14 day pass and it averages to 3.5 hours a day. So if you like to go and do maybe a couple of hours in day and have lots of days off sightseeing then the 50hr is for you. If you like to be on the mountain from dawn til dusk and beyond - it is not.

Originally Posted By: thursday.
with lift queues like these, I wouldn't like to use an hourly ticket
early.jpg

faulty!!!

that chair isn't loading yet. That's the morning queue.

if a 14 day pass is the same cost as a 50 hour pass, the vacationer should still buy the 14 dayer.

I can see the benefits to holding a 50 hour pass as a cheap/temporary season pass though for the extended vacation.

During February mid terms in Meribel, 30mins in regular to get onto a Gondola. The smart people never come back to the base of the resort until the end of the day otherwise you just wait and wait.

At least they have their stuff together in terms of outside modern ski and board holders, not like Higashi or Annupuri here. The reason the lift lines are so long is because no-one enforces the 4 in a gondola thing and people can't fit enough skis/boards in the holders to use them to capacity.

Mamabear, I think it is also once you 'clock in' in the morning until the next full hour after you check through the gate so your example would be from 830 - 230 or 5 hours. You can do as many trips as possible from 830 to 929 and it is still only 1 hour.

I may have said this before about 23 times. In Korea, the lifts stop at lunch time to cram the whole resort into a feeding hall for 1 hour. And then they start again precisely 1 hour afterwards to clear the feeding hall. I will never go back to Korea to ski.

I may have sais this beofre about 23 times. In Korea, the lifts stop at lunch time to cram the whole resort into a feeding hall for 1 hour. And then they start again precisely 1 hour afterwards to clear the feeding hall. I will never go back to Korea to ski.

Thats freaking retarded.

Last time I was in Italy skiing there were now ques at all.
I may have sais this beofre about 23 times. In Korea, the lifts stop at lunch time to cram the whole resort into a feeding hall for 1 hour. And then they start again precisely 1 hour afterwards to clear the feeding hall. I will never go back to Korea to ski.

hahhaha lol.gif
any more stories from your Korean trip?

Thursday

What resort in Korea were you at. Spent several years there patrolling mostly at Bears town and Yong Pyong. Don't ever remember lifts closing for lunch.

Now the amount of people that had no idea what they were doing is another story.

Yep, Yong Pyong and Pheonix Park. Really packed. What frightened me were the steel cable fire escpaes and the hoods next to them., Wow, let's get outta here quick!

Yong Pyong was really romantic with the hut at the top (Winter Sonata) and the ice spraying at night. Phoenix Park was just crap and fully packed top to bottom. Me no like Korea ski resorts.

Lift queues?

Well yes, there has been some queueing....but many times there was NO wait at all. Thredbo in School Holidays July and in non-school hol's August was HUGE queues - WAY WAY WAY more than any I have had here.

The longest queue I reckon has been for the Gondola - but really - we are happy to take chairlifts up and get right up there.

Most of the resorts there are way packed with people. We had a lot of bizarre incidents we encountered while patrolling there.

Biggest highlight was working the first world cup there after the Nagano Olympics.

Not much apres-ski from what I remember either.

How about a ski going down the mountain with a boot in it. Apparently it just hurt too much to bother buckling the boot up.

We also had some drunken maniac swinging a ski wildly at us after he took out this chick. Then proceeded to show us these tattoos like he was mob connected or something. Didn't relay impress us needless to say he got gang tackled and carted off.

I wont talk about the confrontation I had with a doctor.

Just another day on the slopes