The internet cafes in Japan are already at a level where you can even bed down for the night for a small fee. Some have showers and stuff. All of them have all you can drink drinks bars. And food. But they don't really cater to gamers who want a LAN party experience. You can hire a booth and play PS or whatever with a couple of friends, but as far as I know there are veeery few LAN setups for massive network games. Its a different demand alright, but something that if properly marketed, might work and make a lot of money.

Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
 Originally Posted By: brit-gob
I have heard that online gaming is HUGE in Korea?

there are people dying over there from exhaustion after playing 5-6 days on the row!

Koreans are "weird" anyway. shifty.gif

There are professional teams, living in a house together whose only aim is to win the next big tournament. Hundreds of thousands of dollars in prize money to be won by these teams.
 Originally Posted By: base40
But the subject is Hakuba.
Are we losing sight of that?

The original discussion for this thread was fulfilled.
I hijacked the thread & even apologised for it.

now we are just extending possibilities of internet cafe's.

All relevant..

I can't speak for Hakuba - never having been - but Niseko has lots of business that are there for the winter only... I know that there is signifigant logistics in transporting the hardware (computers, chairs blah blah) in for the winter and out again - but I would think that there would be a demand for something like this in some of the SOuthern Hemisphere Snow locations as well... We had a devil of a job access internet at Thredbo this year - the places we stayed were not in the wireless catchment area, depsite paying for scratchy access cards...

You would not need to set up a year round business to make this viable. You could have 2 locations - one Southern one Northern and live the SNOW LOVERS dream of working a year round winter.

All thoughts.

Originally Posted By: thurs
Yeah Domo, drive your internet trailer from place to place. Tow a portaloo behind that.
lol.gif
OK I'm outa here now...

Time do do some Christmas shopping and get into the real world!!!

Maybe you should too, Thursday - you got a gift for the missus yet?
  • 3 weeks later...