LOL!!

My eldest took my 2 youngest to That Computer Store in Claremont/Nedlands - similar set up - now all I hear is "Mum, Perleeeeease can we go to TCS, we have 2 and a half hours credit still, perleeeaaasssee"....

The whole InterNerd Gaming thing is POP-U-LAR!

Might not be a bad lifestyle choice Domo!!

Relocate to Japan - still do Web Design and stuff for Aus companies, but also do for j-companies and run an Internet Cafe. I am sure there are plenty of people who would prefer NOT to lug thier own laptops half way around the world if they had a choice...

Awesome plan...

If you set it up suitable for gamers, but made sure it was kid friendly I BET you would get a heap of parents sticking thier kids in to play WOW or whatever while they duck over for a quiet drink sans rug rats....location will be everything!

(BTW: by kids I don't mean the out of control brroom brrrrooom car playing type of kids needing a babysitter - I meant more like the teens and thier slightly younger sibs.) My 15 yr old took my 8 and 10 yr old and they played happily glued to thier seat for 4.5 hours!!!

What about organising to have an ATM inside the Cafe too - ATM's can be hard to find sometimes (at least in Niseko)

Hmmm... Good thinking Ninety Nine...

We are seriously considering Canada, but due to the Olympics in a year or so, thats never going to happen....

I wanted to do this 10 years ago. They are still popular, but you have top be able to offer more, and be multi-functional to meet evolving demands.

I have a few dieas.

Sorry to Hijack your thread Gurgle.. U can have it back now...... maybe wave.gif

I would not class myself as a nerd.

I have at least one offspring that is a deadset computer nerd, thankfully he is as passionate about his computer as he is about boxes, rails and powder stashes!!

But I have evolved to enjoy the virtual world - ummm don't we all? You are after all reading a forum! it certainly is the way of the future, and people do expect access when they travel nowdays.

See an opportunity and carpe diem Domo!

There is no better time than TODAY!

Its so true!

But if I were you I would install one of those timed air freshener thingo's that goes squirt every few minutes - coz those blokey bod's can be mighty stinky!! This might make it more acceptable to the girls.

It's not just about games...

For anyone who thinks that Online and L.A.N. stuff is not big, you really need to look around.

Internet cafe's just need a different approach, and not just cater to online gamers. How awesome would it be to order your lovely coffee, tea, read the paper, and download your email to your phone, pda, computer before your trip to work? Deny it if you will, but digital convenience cafe's will be part of everyday life.

Look to the future, it's all digital..

And yes, you also need a healthy exercise & real social interaction balance!

NERD ON! wave.gif

Online communities, gaming, content management & social networking IS the now, and is the future. InterNerd cafes will become part of mainstream culture. Starbucks coffee in the U.S. are striking up deals with companies like Apple, and allowing free usage of Internet, and packaging up downloadable content.