OK, so I'm new at this game. Gone are the days where I hop in the van to Nozzle and laugh when the snow at Niseko doesn't oblige.

Initial investigations suggest that it's quite possible to take a tour from Matsuyama or anywhere around here to anywhere in Hokkers. But the catch is, there have to be 2 of you. One alone would be sabishii, and that's not allowed. So while I'm working on becoming 2 people, I want to ask if anybody has succeeded in travelling to Hokkers as an individual, not paying through the nose.

Well actually, the nice lady in the travel agents did propose that if I was insistent on going the sabishii route, I might want to stay in Sapporo and take a bus to the resort every day, and she didn't seem to grasp why that was a totally shit idea.

So, any advice? Or anybody looking to share a room in Jan sometime?

Bought 10,000Y flights each way or used JAL milage( 2mths in advance)

Book bus ticket from Chitose to niseko ( few thousand yen each way)

Booked accom 7,000 night with buffet brekkie & dinner. worked out as cheap as a tour for 2 people.

easy peasy

I don't know where you guys find such great budget packages. I still remember my first ski outing to Japan a few years ago. It was for 9 days/8 nights, only getting to ski for 7 days. It was at Club Med, Sahoro. The whole thing from beginning to end cost me a bit over 500000Y. I think I got ripped off Big Time!

My plane ticket is 36,000 round trip and I get a cheap night in Sapporo in a pretty nice hotel. After I throw in all the buses I have to take getting to and from the airports my travelling expense is 45,000. I'm pretty happy with that.

Not as cheap as Indosmn but pretty good.

its really not that hard...

for me... 26000yen for round trip plane tix...

staying at the hirafu chalet at an excellent rate...

there are tons of packages too which can get you round-trip plane tix and hotel for like 40,000 (not sure if lift tix are included)...open one of those many ski books you see at the train statino....its out there

danz

There is a youth hostel at the base of Annupuri run by a guy named YO. Food included and Onsen everynight. I flew from Colorado USA and had a rail pass and it was surprisingly affordable. The people where really friendly , a female volley ball team was staying there and it snowed like a madman every day and night. Perfect actually.

1. Book the cheapest airfare you can find. Often AirDo have great deals.

2. Get accomodation organised at the Hirafu Chalet. The best place to stay on the mountain if you are wanting to meet like-minded people and have fun.

3. Book the bus from Chitose to Niseko Hirafu.

4. Go go go!