Few stinkbugs in the summer predict less than bountiful snow. I have heard this from rational-minded Japanese who have experience of these things. I have also seen for myself that hordes of stinkbugs in the summer have truly been the harbinger of abundant snow in the winter.

This year, there were very few stinkbugs, and the season hasn't got off to a fantastic start...

Jellyfish? Old wives and young punk's tales, know what I mean?

PS, this is Snow Talk, IN CASE YOU HADN'T NOTICED.

boulderdust.

A bug knows nothing of the future, where as the enigmatic jellyfish does.

Some people, who try to sedate the mystic of the jellyfish with science, would claim that the jellyfish live and move in the warm currents. Usually these warm Sea of Japan currents have gone by October/November (along with the jellyfish). In some cases the currents move in unexpected patterns and the evidence is a preponderance of jellyfish in otherwise unexpected points in time/space, for example, November in the Sea of Japan. These rational scientists claim that the jellyfish sea temp has a significant impact on precipitation and weather patterns, hence snow fall.

I do not buy this science jive. Sure, it is better than any bug theory you will hear, but it is still not the heart of the situation.

In my opinion, the Jellyfish is to over there what that can be to why not without of it and behind.