I was thinking to post something in the kagura thread, but realised its too many picks for one post so made a TR about it. \:\)

So here it goes.

I woke up at 5, left my place in Yoyogi-uehara at 05:25 and made it to Tashiro parking lot by 07:55. It took me only 2.5 hours to get there, or maybe better say, once more I tried to kill myself and failed. crazy.gif

I was on the 08:30 ropeway up to tashiro, which is a bit late for kagura standards. Not making it on the first ropeway at 07:30 means that you didn't make it to the freshies. But, I was hopping that all the powderhounds would head towards kagura and leave tashiro alone for the opening day, so there might be a chance to find something untracked up there. Most probably since tashiro is a beginners resort no one would have done the steepish parts before I arrive. I was 100% correct! grin.gif

I took this pick from inside the ropeway, if there weren't any water drops on the window it would have been a perfect pick.

tsondaboy_109.JPG

I made it up the top and first thing to do was to check if someone had skied down the thashiro #1 romance lift, which is one of the few places in tashiro that's actually above 20 deg. shifty.gif

I got the first track. grin.gif

tsondaboy_110.JPG

and the second...

tsondaboy_111.JPG

and the rest to follow. laugh.gif

after that I start getting restless about doing a track down the tashiro #1 gelende to the left, that was closed for the day. Its one of the slopes that they leave ungroomed and it was almost completely covered with snow.

So I go and ask the guy at the #1 romance "why you have this slope closed for today, its pretty well covered with snow, can I go down there instead of going under the lift?", and he replies... "気をつけてね! (just be careful)". wink.gif

result...

tsondaboy_112.JPG

I think they had it closed waiting for me to arrive, they should have had a sign "closed, tsondaboys slope". \:\)

I had 3 more runs down that slope, before other people realised that this slope had unofficially open. Still, it was me and 2 more guys that were doing that slope all morning.

the definition of "tunnel vision", tashiro #2 romance lift line...

tsondaboy_114.JPG

and for the tashiro #1 romance lift...

tsondaboy_115.JPG

later on in the morning, one pick of me doing one more line on the tashiro #1 gelende

tsondaboy_116.JPG

Wait a minute, I was alone there that day, how took that picture??? confused.gif

I knew that the kagura resort patrol and staff are pretty relaxed about ducking ropes, but I could never imagine that I would have them taking pictures of me doing line on a closed slope!!! \:o

That guy is a legend, I wanted to buy him some beers or lunch when he has his brake, but he refused. I ll have to bring some beers with me next time I am up there. smile.gif

I took an early lunch brake around 11:00 because I started having rear leg burn and the slope was pretty shredded by that time. I left the Japanese guys to finish it off. smile.gif

I took a pick of my staff around that time, I kind of like this pick for some reason...

tsondaboy_118.JPG

After lunch I decided to explore tashiro a bit more. I was hoping to clean up the table of what powder was left untracked.

Much to my surprise, this is what I saw wile on the tashiro #4 romance lift... \:o

tsondaboy_119.JPG

Next thing that came in to my mind was "AFTERNOON SHRED SESSION!!!" \:\)

First track again

tsondaboy_120.JPG

This slope will be mentioned as "tsonda launch pad" henceforth.

My first "air" of the season off the tsonda launch pad, with the snow bunny tracks crossing under it. smile.gif

tsondaboy_121.JPG

This is how I left the slope in the afternoon on my way back to the car. I can claim all but one of these tracks.

tsondaboy_122.JPG

I was able to land 6/7 of these jumps and the one that didn't quite make it was not a wipe out disaster. I think the bigest one was about 3m, not bad for the second day of the season.

tsondaboy_123.JPG

Bottomline, a perfect day in the snow! I am now on my couch posting this TR and my whole body hurts! Thats probably a sign that I did well yesterday. smile.gif

PS: I forgot to mention that this day was sponsored by SJ, I used my first out of 10 yusawa lift tickets. The lift tickets expire by the end of March, if all the days I do using them are like yesterday, I will have to start thinking about what Easterbunny should bring you for present SJ. \:\)

It is, but the lifts were not moving yesterday. They will open up that area next week.

I don't know why they didn't this weekend, there were loads of snow up there. Some people from kagura side hiked up the slopes and took first tracks on the "dynamic" and "challenger" gelende.

Nice one, looks like all the pow hounds were on the Kagura side!

Looks peaceful with not too many peeps.

It is so unusual for Japan to have a resort with a relaxed patrol. So, heaps of snow + relaxed patrol = popular resort.

"I am now on my couch posting this TR and my whole body hurts! Thats probably a sign that I did well yesterday."

Nah, just a sign you're getting old ! laugh.gif

You did exactly the lines that I did today! Happily it was snowing continuously so your remains had been (almost) erased. The only bit I touched that you didn't is the thin strip on looker's left in your first photo. Pretty narrow but you can duck in and out of the forest and it's good practice for some tight turns. Anyway, saving the rest until I get into work tomorrow, need some way to pass the time!

Originally Posted By: Kingofmyrrh
The only bit I touched that you didn't is the thin strip on looker's left in your first photo. Pretty narrow but you can duck in and out of the forest and it's good practice for some tight turns.

this is how I left that slope in the afternoon. \:\)
tsondaboy_124.JPG

Did that part too but didn't go all the way down.
 Originally Posted By: SerreChe
"I am now on my couch posting this TR and my whole body hurts! Thats probably a sign that I did well yesterday."
Nah, just a sign you're getting old ! laugh.gif

lol.gif

Its soo much different this year that I was busy with my PhD and didn't go to the guy for off season training. Last year I never had mushle pain after snowboarding, this year the lack of exercise is unpleasantly obvious. frown.gif

by the way SC, I just realized that tashiro has "potential". Next time we must try that area with some gear. ;\)

Hi Tsondadude,

Very nice pictures of what looks like a nice day.

i am craving snow very bad, and your pictures and text just made it worse.

Please don`t kill yourself by driving early in the morning.

Go in the evening, sleep in the car and get up well rested for first lift. believe me, i`ve tested all possible combinations of driving and boarding. Evening drive works very well (for me anyway)

Ahh good about evening drive, you enjoy the music in the car more too.

yeah got back day before yesterday after being hazzled in the immigration for a very long time ;\)

sitting in a hotel in Gifu... so close and yet so far away from the snow