Originally Posted By: Kumapix
good job tsonda!

is Torihada still around? Haven't heard from him since the start of last winter.

Hi Kuma et all. I'm still around, just not local and unfortunately can't afford a trip to Japan this season. I've been redirecting my Snowborading otaku energy to mountainbiking. Great news about the photo comp but sadly I am unable to use the passes. The SnowGods are dangling all of these temptations in front of me (European Alp resorts already open) but its no snowfun for me this season :-( Which is tragic, especially as my kids really took to skiing in Japan last winter. So have fun and hopefully better conditions this season (I'm still removing the gravel from my sintered base) I'll lurk but reading all your snowy exploits just makes me sooooo jealous. ;-)

thumbsup.gif

Well done Tsonda, Torihada & Joshnii.

Tsonda, never thought that one would end-up winning the SJ contest when I snapped it! smile.gif It was more like, zap, let's take a pic and hit the snow, no after-thoughts. There were some other nice pics of Kagura and area indeed, but some of them were stealth pics wink.gif What make that photo a winner is not the photographer but the fact that the place is very nice looking but also that you look so happy and cheerful to be out there enjoying the snow.

I am also very happy that you got tickets and will be able to take your gf on the slopes very often. It am also happy to see that a regular contributor to the forums won.

Now that you have bought a new camera, I will be counting on you to return the favor for the next contest ! grin.gif

Thanks for the kind words guys. smile.gif

My budget is quite slim comparing to most of the working guys. I still can’t figure myself how I can hit the slopes 20~30 days a season on that budget.

After graduation things look pretty bright, fingers crossed. \:D