• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Thats an idea I suppose. Have you ever just stood in the corridor? i was wondering if the guard would come and move you?

As the season gets in to its peak, you will see by yourself that sometimes standing on the corridor is the only way back to Tokyo. shifty.gif

Its not going to be easy to find a seat in the early trains to Yuzawa from now on, unless you plan 2-3 weeks in advance...

Also the way back is even worst no seats available before 14:00.

Thats why sometimes standing on the corridor is the only way.

I've just noticed that snow is forecast for the end of this week, maybe I'll head back up that way again, but this time check out Tashiro.

SJF, you don't know how much a taxi ride would be from Yuzawa eki do you? If I have to take the later train I'd rather not wait in the long bus line again

• SnowJapan Admin

Hmmm not sure but probably about 2000 yen I would guess to Mitsumata, more for Tashiro. If you could find someone to share with....

What time would it be? We might be able to take you this weekend..

The train gets into Yuzawa station around 9.30. This weekend is ok anyway as I'll prob be with 2 mates so a taxi ride isn't such a big deal. I won't know for sure until Friday though who is coming with me or where I'm gonna go. The weather reports seem to be changing every 5 minutes!!

I want to be up ther for way before that as well. I may just do that Tsonda, get up there a wee bit earlier and get in line. Is there any place to put your board, I just stowed mines on the overhead rack, but I remember someone saying something about places between the cars to put stuff.....maybe they were just taking the piss!

Does the conductor check tickets in the unreserved section? I didn't get asked for my ticket when on the train, but that was in the reserved section and the conductor did take a note of seat details.