It will be busy but the snow is something you won't have to worry about. You have to understand that Niseko is not really like most other ski areas around the world in that it is very very low. Higher alpine areas may get some earlier snowfalls than we do but once the normal winter systems start hitting there are few areas anywhere that get more consistent dumps of powder than here.

Originally Posted By: Robbo07
I'm booked for Niseko from the 2 - 9 Jan but i'm starting to worry about snow conditions...

Do i have reason to worry...

I hope not Robbo! We will be getting there about the same time, probably checking in and unpacking while you are stuffing your still wet gear into placky bags for the trip home!! LOL!

Mother Nature will play the biggest hand, as there is no snowmaking to cover the variations (not needed is it!!) ... but I reckon we will be blessed with powder in January.

I am booked from 28 Dec to 17 Jan and I am not worried in the least. Robbo the worst posible conditions for Japan in January will still be better than the 2000 season in Australia.

Oh I did hear however that if you vote ALP at the election it will rain the whole week your there.

Yeah, don't worry. Winter usually arrives sometime in December and once it starts snowing, we'll get Thredbo's yearly average in a few days. It may take another couple of weeks to really cover all of the bamboo grass in the woods if that's what your into. Either way, you'll be fine. Have fun. I have no plans for skiing yet this year and I'll be lucky if I can get away to Gifu or Nagano a couple of times this season. I'm jealous!

Originally Posted By: ausi ski bum
I am booked from 28 Dec to 17 Jan and I am not worried in the least. Robbo the worst posible conditions for Japan in January will still be better than the 2000 season in Australia.

Oh I did hear however that if you vote ALP at the election it will rain the whole week your there.

LOL!! lol.gif
Ya reckon we can actually get the thing back on track with that line? Maybe the Ski-dudes can turn it all back around for Johnny?