OK so I haven't had a shave for 6 days now probably the longest ever. I told myself I wouldn't until I get a certain job out of the way but it looks like it will be another 3 or 4 days off.

Anyway my face is itching so much. Does this itching go away soon as I develop my unimpressive beard - and when?! I need to know!

\:\)

It probably depends on the face, but mine stops itching after about a centimeter or so. Try rubbing it against the grain so the ends don't touch the skin.

Now you know why all the old masters in Kung-fu movies always tug at their beards...

i am too much of a baby face to grow a proper beard, so i shave the fluff off semi-regularly

lol.gif

not sure about the looking in the mirror thing, it's an interesting question though. i guess people shave out of vanity, so the actual looking in the mirror is a result of the choice to shave, as well as giving you extra time to admire what a fine specimen you are.

i'm glad that you've got a proper bushy bear though soubs. i can't stand those craig david types. they look ridiculous and they must spent aaaaaages trimming them

craig-david.jpg

Originally Posted By: thursday
Looking in the mirror while shaving is not actually for the shaving as you know where it is hairy.

erm... but wouldn't you miss stuff if you didn't use a mirror?

I hate shaving, but I don't like beards either, a truly catch-22 situation!! I shave as less as I can get away with, which means I usually have some sort of stubble, which I don't mind at all. I hate when it gets to the itchy stage, cos that means I gotta shave it and by that time my beard has turned ginger!! So thats another good excuse to shave

Originally Posted By: spook
my two questions to beard owners are:

what are you hiding?

and do you have a chin?

Nothing... well, there are a pile of scars from the BMX days, but chicks dig scars...

Yes. If I didn't, then those scars would be on my nose or upper lip or something.
;\)

It's just style, I guess. I can't say "it's because I hate shaving", since I keep a goatee and 'stash but shave the rest regularly.

like my beard and prolly trim it every week or so - and shave my head every two weeks or so.

my two questions to beard owners are:

what are you hiding?

well, to be honest, im pretty ugly so the less you see of my face the better.

and do you have a chinchin?

yup

Mines isn't, I have a blondy/ brown beard so although it grows in thick, it isn't as noticeable as someone with dark hair, but then it turns a coppery ginger so thats when it comes right off!!

It stings like a mofo when you put it on directly after a shave. the smart man will ditch the alcohol laden tonic and use Aftershave lotion, which moisturises your scraped skin as well as adding the fragrance of your choice!