My guess is that the first snow will hit Kiroro and it will be before the start of November and that they will open in early December. Unfortunately, that is apparently what many think too. So even though I placed an order long ago for some rooms at Kiroro's Mountain Hotel and Piano Hotel, they did not open up their bookings until last week. Apparently they want to cater to all the big customers and block booking first. Then when they confirmed everything, it was:"Sorry, we're full".

After being screwed by two years of poor snow at Hakuba over Christmas, I thought I'd play it safe and so Kiroro this year. But the Yukikami said: "No". So now I've booked myself into the Furano Prince for Christmas. Hope they have decent snow there. Also, I always wanted to try out their much talked about "Nazi-service"....No boots allowed in here....don't put your skis there....etc.

Originally Posted By: Markie
Actually, I like Niseko a lot, Thursday. And I know that saying that will risk my friendship with Fattwins. However, I always wanted to try out Furano.

Snowmaking Markie, dont think you have to worry about that ;\) I'm going to go out on a limb right now as well, Ill be in Hokkaido next winter vacation as well \:\) This will be 4 years straight in Hakuba...nothing wrong with that mind ya, but would like to try some new resorts. The Human cartwheel and I are thinking of Asahikawa thumbsup.gif He's got a good mate who lives up there who's a ski photographer and knows the area. Nice to have a guide ;\)