Freedom of speech is gone in America

I am sorry but the worst part is when the crowd applauded as he was dragged off. A so called Liberal crowd not even republicans, really disgusting no matter what way you see it.

Universities are supposed to be centre for debate. And really why else would he be dragged off. He was voicing a very valid point, ok so he`s a journalism student but at least he was passionate enough to try to elicit answers from Bush`s cousin.

He really got done for saying blowjob, why does Clinton get impeached over a BJ and Bush doesn`t for defrauding black votes in the most corrupt state in the US. This was the point, if don`t think this is valid then please state in coherent logical fashion.

And he was confronting what the rest of bleeding heart liberals don`t even have balls to do. Respect to him for caring.

And to prove that the social conditioning towards police authoritarian rule is highly successful, we only have to look at the people who think this is ok that he is dragged away. The guy even says I am not doing anything while they drag him away.

And really guys this is censorship in it`s purest form.Free speech is fine as long as it`s not directed against the government is the statement.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: spacefrog

I am sorry but the worst part is when the crowd applauded as he was dragged off. A so called Liberal crowd not even republicans, really disgusting no matter what way you see it.
Universities are supposed to be centre for debate. And really why else would he be dragged off. He was voicing a very valid point, ok so he`s a journalism student but at least he was passionate enough to try to elicit answers from Bush`s cousin.
He really got done for saying blowjob, why does Clinton get impeached over a BJ and Bush doesn`t for defrauding black votes in the most corrupt state in the US. This was the point, if don`t think this is valid then please state in coherent logical fashion.
And to prove that the social conditioning towards police authoritarian rule is highly successful, we only have to look at the people who think this is ok that he is dragged away. The guy even says I am not doing anything while they drag him away.[
And really guys this is censorship in it`s purest form.Free speech is fine as long as it`s not directed against the government is the statement.

What... not far enough left for you?

I apologize for the duplicated request, but could you please cite the "valid point" he was making? I never heard it. And WTF?- Kerry is Bush's cousin?

And dude, clinton never got impeached. WTF is wrong with you?

Also... politicians are standing on the sidelines with radios directing the cops when to go in.

lay off the weed, dog. you're so fricking paranoid it's downright insane.

Yes kerry and Bush are distant cousins. same lineage!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/04/politics/main604163.shtml

http://www.chickenmcnugget.com/pics/bushkerry.htm

And yes they impeached Clinton, but obviously your memory doesn`t go back that far. He was impeached but not convicted.

And as for his valid point, well if you are all going to repeat yourselves what can I say?

Clinton gets impeached(but not convicted) for a BJ and why doesn`t bush get impeached for stealing an election from kerry and disenfranchising black voters.

So basically you think that it is ok to defraud voters and rig elections as it`s not a valid point.

As for overzealous tasering read this http://newsguru.newsvine.com/_news/2007/02/13/566356-woman-in-wheelchair-tasered-10-times-for-2-min

And UK just followed suit by passing legislation to be able to taser pregnant women and children.

And as for being paranoid well don`t understand how you get to that conclusion.

Please enlighten me why he makes no valid point and why the overzealous use of force was justified

>Universities are supposed to be centre for debate<

This wasn't a debate! It was a shit fight, a protest.

Leave the politics and opinions out of it.

He was thrown out for being a RUDE PRICK!..........period.

I mistook Clinton Impeached as Clinton removed from office. For some reason I thought impeachment meant removal. I always thought they tried to impeach clinton but failed. My semantics are twisted.

my bad.

"So basically you think that it is ok to defraud voters and rig elections as it`s not a valid point."

huh? Is that what the guy was yelling at Kerry about? WTF does kerry have to do with that?

You've completely lost me. But that's okay, just keep rambling on.

What Kerry has to do with that is that he was the rightful winner of the election but he just rolled over and didn't contest the eventual verdict. I think thats the jist of what the guy was saying

Everyone here needs to have a beer.

I was your surrogate beer imbiber tonight. I think I nearly had one for each of you.

I drank them while watching a SNOWboard dvd, too.

But to not be too off-topic, I say we agree to agree: The dude was a total c*ckgoblin, and security was way too over the top, like that arm-rastlin' movie with Sylvester Stallone.

Socio-political climate and off-the-cuff First Ammendment musings aside, it's as simple as this:

OverTop.jpg

Yup TB that was exactly the point why did he roll over and just accept it. and the guy made a stand which more than others would do and in a country that prides itself on freedom and democracy he excercised his rights to free speech. He was denied his right to protest about bush stealing his way to power. And what`s scary is that everyone has been socially conditioned to think this is ok. It`s totally justified he was pinned down and after he was subdued he was then tasered , but it`s ok because he was downright rude.

Anyone see the news about the MIT student who was arrested at Logan Int'l Airport wearing a sweatshirt with a circuit board and 9V battery stitched to the front while allegedly carrying balls of a claylike substance?

Authorities said it appeared to be a bomb.

She described the shirt as "art" and was on her way to "career day" after picking up someone from the airport.

Last friday here, Thursday there. Might have flown under the radar of some news services. We got buried in it here because she was from Hawaii.

Agreed.

It's really hard to tell if she was simply unaware, or purposely trying to provoke an incident.

If she was unaware, then it again goes to show how someone can be really book-smart (she's enrolled in MIT!), but have absolutely no common sense.

If she was trying to start something, then she's really lucky that none of the security personnel discharged any of their drawn sidearms.

Stupid is an understatement.

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry but this needed to be dragged up again for the people who thought this was justified. I am very sorry for those people, it`s not their fault but the rest of us who have some notion of right or wrong then please watch all of the following.

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/september2007/210907_b_brutality.htm

the people who thought it was ok to be tasered like that then they have been indoctrinated beyond recompense and there is absolutely no hope for them. Please pity them and don`t hold it against them.

Of course, the "Tasing" was totally unnecessary. It is the job of the police to arrest suspects and put together evidence, not to issue punishments - thats the job of the courts.

Anyway, I like to think that this wouldnt ever happen in my country, England. We dont have such laws as "Three strikes and your out", because, as we might say in England, well, its just not cricket (sorry!). The laws pertaining to the police use of such powerfull and potentially lethal weapons as Tasers, are quite clear - officers should only use them as an alternative to lethal force - ie in a potentially life-threatening situation. If this happened to the guy in England, I imagine he could press charges against the offending officers. But what crime, would the "Tasing bro'" be charged with? Assault? I dont think so, as the attack actually involved the use of a material object, so I think it would be...

Wait for it..

Assault with Battery!! lol.gif

Originally Posted By: spacefrog

the people who thought it was ok to be tasered like that then they have been indoctrinated beyond recompense and there is absolutely no hope for them. Please pity them and don`t hold it against them.

I dont think too many people agreed with the tasering. Did they? There are 2 seperate issues here.

1) Should he have been thrown out? Yes. Absolutely.

2) Should he have been tasered? No. Absolutely not.

IMO \:\)