Any tips for quick day trips and the best conditions to sly off in.Have been to Ruzzy and Moiwa(thanks Mantas)but would like to try some of the smaller spots.Too old for any big hikes but am open to suggestions.Chisenpurri(sp?)has been mentioned to me.promise i won,t tell anyone.lol

Originally Posted By: bearshead
.Too old for any big hikes but am open to suggestions..lol

So did you do some big hikes when you were younger? ;\)

Try posting in the Snow Talk section Bearshead, you might get a better response.
Any tips for quick day trips and the best conditions to sly off in.Have been to Ruzzy and Moiwa(thanks Mantas)but would like to try some of the smaller spots.Too old for any big hikes but am open to suggestions.Chisenpurri(sp?)has been mentioned to me.promise i won,t tell anyone.lol

Chisenupurri doesn't have much to offer without a 50min hike....sorry bud!
 Originally Posted By: Mantas
.Too old for any big hikes but am open to suggestions..lol

So did you do some big hikes when you were younger? ;\)

Try posting in the Snow Talk section Bearshead, you might get a better response.

You know I cant hike with my "condition"
Is it Weiss that can be seen from Hanazano?How about back round Sapporo.Is Teine worth a look?
 Originally Posted By: Mantas
Ever go to Kiroro Spook

nup.
i only ever rode the niseko hills, and did a few days at asahidake in late winter. i was working and didn't have much need to go elsewhere.
non-snow wise, i spent a few weeks diriving around and checking out hokkaido. biei is fantastic in spring, but i think this thread is snow related.
You know I cant hike with my "condition"

You mean that weird testicle rash you get that prevents you from climbing hills?
I didn't think you would want people to know about that.confused.gif

Well there you go Bearshead...........you post some sensible questions about Niseko and instead of getting some helpful, constructive information and advice on the matter, you get a bit of frivolous chit chat about dysfunctional gonads. laugh.gif

Welcome to the forum. wave.gif

Chisenupuri isn't too bad for a day. There's only the one lift but this allows access to plenty of terrain even without the 50 min hike (as ling as you don't mind skiing through the trees). Sure it wouldn't shape up to the standards that guys like fattwins would expect but if you're not an extremeist you'll have a bit of fun.

Weiss is running snowcat skiing and isn't too bad but the terrain is certainly not challenging even by Niseko standards. Iwanai ski resort is also running snowcat tours but I have no accounts about how good it is. The view over the ocean whilst skiing though would sure be pretty cool.

I am planning on checking a few of these out this year hence hiring a vehicle, Kiroro looks nice might have to check out some of those other ones you mention GN

I am also looking for snowmobile tours we can do, we went to a place in a town beyond Niseko town last year at a Potato farm, had a great time but would love to do ahalf day or longer tour with lunch stops etc, any sugestions. My daughter is so it cant require a drivers licence.

There is this place

Iwanai

We hope it's days are not numbered as it represents a fun alternative to any other resort within an hours drive of Hirafu. Rusutsu resort gets a lot of press as a day trip from Hirafu, but the potential of Iwanai is far more interesting especially to advanced boarders and skiers. I have been to both resorts and on value for money and terrain choice, Iwanai wins hands down over Rusutsu.

Is this place still operating?

As far as I can tell the lifts rarely run at Iwanai anymore. They have started operating a snowcat service though which could be fun. Getting there would require a car although if they are smart they would organise a pickup service from Hirafu. A friend of mine lives in Iwanai, I'll see what he can find out.