• SnowJapan Admin

Hi Tubby Beaver - I really don't know. Is that interesting? Hey it wasn't us that started the thread! But while we're here, just as another piece of info, that number is just for the Forums and does not include the 15,000+ members we have signed up for the site in general.

Originally Posted By: SG
...and 2100 of them have never posted a single thing.......

shifty.gif

Ah, but how many of those 15k or whatever "do nothing" SJ, that being the important point here of course.

Not that you probably care, but well done anyway. ;\)
  • SnowJapan Admin

lol.gif

Do care actually, it's always nice to hear encouraging comments. Cheers.

To address your question - I really don't know that either 2pints, though we do have membership data etc somewhere I'm sure.. but not to share with everyone here though!

• SnowJapan Admin

Actually I have just asked about that Tubby Beaver.

It seems that since SJ started in 1999 there have been a few times when the forums have been "pruned". That's either out of choice or due to upgrades/changing application issues (the latest time being when we moved over to this domain name). So basically a fair few posts from a quite a few years ago will have disappeared, though the membership data for the people making those posts will remain. Or something like that. I haven't been involved in any of that so I'm not in on the details.

• SnowJapan Admin

It depends on how you define regularly, but it will be much more than 50. Most forums will have that core group of members who are present a lot of the time. In the last 30 days, over 700 accounts have been active (not all of them posting).

Not particularly interesting, I was just kinda thinking out loud. When I first joined, I used a different name, but I didn't really use the forums that much cos I didn't have a PC. Then I left Japan for a while and really just to keep in touch with things Japanese and Snowy japanese I signed up again, but I couldn't remember my handle wakaranai.gif lol.gif so I made up this one.

Originally Posted By: SJForums
It depends on how you define regularly, but it will be much more than 50. Most forums will have that core group of members who are present a lot of the time. In the last 30 days, over 700 accounts have been active (not all of them posting).

on another forum you might have to look back 2 to 3 pages in one day with all the diff postings going on...mad really. Soooo many people posting but it would spice this place up more if more lurkers/members posted more.

I had a different name before too back in '99 '00 but forgot what it was...prolly wouldnt wanna use it anyways \:o ;\)

BTW, 5000, thats great!