Just finished reading The Stand, quite enjoyed it. Not really read Stephen King before but would like to try a few more. Any recommendations?

Anyway I found these statistics about him and his work:

45 novels

75 King based films/shows in total

Sold 300,000,000 books.

Films grossed $971,486,000

Not bad going that.

Was it him that wrote the Shining??

Evil book that, I couldn't finish it. it totally scared the living shit outa me, really freaked me out. I couldn't even sleep in the same room as the book, honest to god. I had to put it in the kitchen before I could get a decent kip

he is a freaky looking dude. kinda creepy.

i heard that he hated the music his local radio station were playing, so he bought it and told them to play classic rock all day

he also got hit by a car a few years ago and was in a bad way for quite a while

I have tried reading a few of his books and never really was able to get into them. Don't know if it is the style or the content or what, just weren't interesting reads for me. How short was the Shawshank short story?

the short storie for Shawshank (Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption) and Stand by Me (the Body) are from a 4-story collection called Different Seasons. The one other story "Apt Pupil" has been made (badly) in to a movie, while "the Breathing Method" has escaped the screen, probably a good thing once you read it.

None of the stories are horror, he did it to prove that he can write other stuff as well.

He also has put out a book of short horror stories that are great, especially pseudo-comedies like "The Finger".