Australia introduces immigant test

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it classic when a Pom gets the shits with Oz, they say something like

"Well I'm leaving and never coming back!" thinking this will cause us some offense, when all we are really thinking is.

"OK, Do you need a lift to the airport" wave.gif lol.gif

You're missing some information mantas. The condition set illegally to have contact with my children by my ex-wife is for me to travel to Oz. I've made 4 return trips in 3 years. Never again. I'll see them when she lets them travel unaccompanied.

Your post, mantas, is also a reminder that the country of my birth is a place I don't want to be.

Newcastle NSW? ;\)

Mullets have made a small yet definite creep back into hair culture, but we have managed to beat that cancer out again and it is fading away again, much like the perm did in the 80's. In Oz however I noted that far from being in the minority, the mullet was thriving and enjoying some success in communities all across the Ozzie social spectrum

>I love Oz. It's a wonderful country <

>Your post, mantas, is also a reminder that the country of my birth is a place I don't want to be.<

confused.gif

Soubs- Sometimes it's hard to know where you stand. I know that you have issues with your ex and Oz that you seem to bundle into one big issue. I'm sorry things aren't/didn't work out for you in Oz. I wasn't having a direct go at you. More a wider jab at 'winging poms'.

The winging pom always blames Oz and it's people for the reason why they don't fit in.

My wife is English and I made it clear right from the start that I would never live in the UK because I DONT FIT IN. I would never blame the UK or it's people for this.

Sorry mantas, not trying to needle you. Australia is fine, and I'd have been happy enough to stay there if things had worked out differently. I guess the main issue is being blackmailed. That's why I'm never going back.

This is troubling me mantas. You've put your finger on the spot. I'm ambivalent about Oz. It was my home for many years. It was kind to me, and I had some great times and wonderful experiences. But I'm a kind of quiet intransigent bastard, and I won't be blackmailed. If my ex- would allow my children to travel freely, I'd probably reconsider. Nailing me to the mast is certain to fail.

Sorry Mantas, missed this.

My ex-wife walked out with my children, I was forced to sell my home and then was made redundant by the CSIRO. My ex- is a compulsory micro manager. She was giving me constant hassle over contact, could not stop trying to interfere in my life and was assaulting me through the courts.

I was suffering from profound depression, and stress was literally killing me. Then I met soubriquette, a lady with a sweet and gentle nature. She offered to take me in to her home and help me set up a modest business. Oishida is set in a fertile valley with clean rivers, and surrounded by mountains with ample winter snnow. It was a no-brainer.

Leaving my boys was the hardest decision I've ever had to make, but it was the right one. If I'd stayed in Perth, I'd probably be dead. That wouldn't be much help. Sometimes you have to let go. They're growing, and she won't be able to control them for much longer.

Depression is a killer mate. My own brother suffers from it, along with many other people I know. Not something I take lightly, even if I don't fully understand it.

I hope you have a handle on it now.

I was thinking of starting a thread on it. Have you heard of Andrew Johns? (famous Newcastle football player, tagged the 'worlds best)'. The story is unfolding about his drug use and his depression.

I know all about, depression and Johns. His is different from mine. He's manic. I never had the highs, just the lows. My condition is simple, and the meds have fixed the problem totally. 30mg per day and the transformation is unbelievable.

Ecxtasy is the worst possible drug for Johns to take. The high comes from the serotonin flood, and the low that follows is because the serotonin's all gone. Lack of serotonin is precisely the mechanism that causes depression.

Your brother should seek treatment. Google SRRI. They work.