• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing that this season is my first in Japan, I've had to get a whole new setup... Of course, it is really nice to get all at once (though it costs, have been trying not to think of that to be able to sleep at night, hahaha). I went for a natural coloured, simple style (I was sold when I saw the 08 Supermodel even though I originally planned to get all last season stuff for the bargains) and this is what I ended up with after some visits to Kanda:

- '08 Burton Supermodel 59 Board

- '08 Burton Cartel Bindings (Black)

- '07 Burton Driver X Boots(Sandstorm)

- '08 Burton Day Hiker's backpack 20L (Roasted Brown)

- '08 Burton Gig Bag (Roasted Brown)

- '08 Burton Phase Socks (Black)

- '07 (I think) Burton Beanie (Green)

- '07 Ronin ALS Hooded Jacket (Dune)

- '08 Ronin Cargo Pants (Martini)

- '07 Oakley Shaun White A-Frame

- '08 Dakine Charger Gloves (Burton liners for colder days)

- Under Armour ColdGear Tactical Crew (OD)

- Under Armour ColdGear Tactical Leggings (OD)

That's it, no more shopping for me...my wallet is almost to thin to get to the slopes, hahaha \:\)

Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot
Let me know how those boots work out for you - I'm in the market for some new boots - my shaun whites killed my big toe last season!

I've only used them once now, but I can assure you they are wonderful. I too have a very pointed foot with my big toe being longest, and that is usually the problem when finding good boots. The Driver X, however, have a really nice padding at the front and I didn't feel the slightest pain during a whole day of constant boarding. Try them out if you have the opportunity and you'll see what i mean \:\)

quattro, my pontoons are mounted with dukes and cant wait to ride them!!! should be sick! got my avalung from dizzy (thanks mate!) and might get his Arcteryx pants as well, they fit really well.

Last thing I want now is some new boots either scarpa or garmonts.

CB

Checkout the Garmont Adrenalin or Endorphin or the Scarpa Tornado. Cant speak for the AT boots but generally with the tele boots Scarpa's fit a narrower foot and the Garmonts a slightly wider foot. Maybe a few of the AT types could chime in I would like to know if they run the same.

Have been on a set of Garmont Synergy's for a few years now with no complaints.

quattro, I just picked up some adrenalins today, thanks mate! I would have liked to have tried on the scarpas but they didnt have my size unfortunately. theyre light and very flexible so looking to see how they handle carving vs powder and then touring. if weather settles down we may go tour tomorrow or the next day.

CB

Sounds good hope they are what your looking for.

Will be going up tomorrow with the family most likely Nakayamatoge. Small area but usually good snow.

Just got an email that the Verdicts are in. Now just waiting on the O1's. Damn customs!!!! mad.gif