What I found out today - clean up after spilt milk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ger. Actually this afternoon after a warm day it the Evil level had cranked up a bit. I might need to take it somewhere for a proper clean (actually the car could do with a clean generally).

It took on a rather fishy kind of smell today.

\:\(

Spilled milk turned hot in the sun far 'outreeks' dog pop, although both are foul.

The wife thought she got all the groceries out of the car after shopping, but three scorching-hot summer days later, we found a container of exploded milk in the back of our Ford Focus. I'm not sure if I've ever smelled something so rank in my life. I don't remember what we used, but it took everything stopping short of a $150 professional cleaning to get the smell out, which took months. Even a year later, I could still detect tinges of the funk sometimes, but now (three years later), it's completely gone.

Be sure to keep a thing of baking soda in the back to eat up some of that funk! It won't be an end-all, but it helps after you've scrubbed it multiple times.

Not good to hear that 66. \:\(

A year and a half? I haven't been out in the car this weekend, that will be tomorrow morning but if the smell lingers I will have to have it cleaned properly. Can't cope with that Evilness.

They are well made, drive beautiflly, and have all-wheel drive.

When I was on a mission to catch the plane I was punching a fully loaded car at 130-140 ks on a winding mountain expressway, and really loading it up through the corners. It tracked perfectly on-line. Try that in a Toyota (I have), and the back end will get loose and start steering the car. Too soft.

-> muikabochi

Yeah, it took a lot longer than I would've liked. Hopefully your car's malodorous emanations dissipate faster than mine!

-> soubriquet

Have you heard about the new Subaru hybrids coming out (next year, I think it is)? We're still not in the market for a new car, but they'll be on top of our list when we do.

Felt like crying daver lol.gif

Morning was ok yesterday but after a warm day things get worse. I might end up just getting the thing properly cleaned if it is going to make me miserable.

\:\(