The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

hmm arsenal with the prospect of chelsea next and then man utd or barca in the final X(

I dont mind losing so much but losing to a english team would be hell (luckily that hasnt happened recently to us, hehe chelsea)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really complain. Chelsea have got the 'easiest' draw I suppose.

"The draw means Liverpool and Arsenal will be playing each other three times in succession at the start of April, with the quarter-final matches straddling a Premier League encounter at Highbury on April 5."

Should make for fun watching.

Idiot Footballer Story (Number 5,675,456,565)

"Former Manchester United midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba, now plying his trade in Qatar, was in such dire financial straits when at Old Trafford - despite his £75,000-a-month wage - that it is alleged he relied upon appearance and win bonuses to get by. It is also claimed he ran a fleet of 10 4x4 vehicles and juggled 30 bank accounts at the time. He was declared bankrupt in at a Birmingham court last September."

I fancy our chances to beat Liverpool and go through.

Just KNEW they were going to score at the end there. Big shame that, but we now have the same points, a game in hand, and a better goal difference. \:\)

Having said that, United were rubbish yesterday. I was sat there expecting them to give Derby a good thrashing and they very nearly gave a big shock.

lots of big games coming up between the big teams. anyway can win it, even liverpool in with an extreme outsiders chance! if we beat arse and man utd, and chelsea draw with everyone, i reckon we would be right up there.

Yes the next few weeks should be top entertainment.

Arsenal have had enough of a blip and so it must finish soon so we can hand it over to Chelsea or United (or preferably both!)

Me too. Though I have seen a few interviews with him here in Japan when he comes across TOTALLY different from how he usually does.

Well they are under huge pressure so they have to be ultracareful what they say in the UK. Any tiny slip is turned into huge news. Its like Benitez, in front of the cameras he is Mr Bland but apparently he is totally different in 'real life'. I guess you have to respect old Jose Mourinho for his balls in that way.