The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

Beckham came to town with the Galaxy to play South China. He played (read walked around) for the full duration. 2-2 and then penalty shoot out.

What a yawn fest. I fell asleep on the sofa. Should've gone out to drink beer or something.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLS teams amuse me. Babayaro, the Nigerian former Newcastle defender played for Galaxy but gave away a penalty after 10mins of his first game. So the team did what every rational football team would do...float him on the draft or something. Put him up for auction. humorous.

If that had happened at newcastle we would have just fired the manager.

Non-goal scoring 'stricker' "Rubbish" Mickey Owen wants a pay rise, apparently. Perhaps if he had more money than his current 104000 GBP a week he might have more motivation to score goals, poor sod.

Quote:
Michael Owen will risk the wrath of Newcastle's fans by asking for a pay rise when the club's board agree to open negotiations on a new contract.

Owen's current deal, worth £104,000- a-week, expires at the end of next season but his representatives have attempted to broker talks and Kevin Keegan is eager to extend his current contract.

They truly are living in a different cosmos aren't they?

But he deserves it!!! What, 4 goals in 20 games or something? And helping Newcastle to the bottom of the pile. Give him more cash!! And give Alan Smith some more while you're at it. He might use it for extra coaching target practice.

those figures are contrived by the agents for the agents. He no get that much himself, it's all tha parasites.

If I paid that much dosh for an employee, I'd make sure he and his family hussle on street corners for the company.

That was very very good - Torres is White Hot now.

Imagine if all the premier teams got drawn together next round? Liverpool seem to do well against the bigger teams, so Im hoping we get Barca or Roma. I can imagine us taking Fenebache or shalke lightly and getting knocked out.

Mancini says he is leaving Inter at the end of the season and BBC News suggesting Mourinho could be the man to take over there.