The FOOTBALL Thread (2007-2008)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best of games but we won and Ronaldo got his 30th of the season!

Saw the end of the Arsenal game. What was up with Milan?

Originally Posted By: rach
What was up with Milan?

How about "comprehensively outplayed by a better team"?

Well done Arsenal. All we need now is for Liverpool to stick it to Everton, and God will be back in heaven.

Aren't Milan still rather old? They were last year I remember, and if they haven't changed much then I presume all the more so.

It will be interesting to see how that big win affects Arse-nal now.

My alarm clock broke but I woke up in time to catch the last 3 goals. I was flicking over to the Real Madrid game, they got knocked out by Roma \:\)

Portsmouth will win it now most probably.

Newcastle looked quite poor I have to say. The commentators kept saying how Owen and Smith looked like they were playing in uncomfortable positions. Owen got one kick all game and Smith made tons of mistakes. Its actually gone beyond a joke and starting look like they could actually go down now.

Torres and Gerrard were on fire last night. Cant wait for the Inter game!

Aye more business as usual at the Toon.

Alan Smith could be the single worst player in the entire Premiership. He's certainly looked it since coming to Newcastle. Its amazing how the press lay into everything about Newcastle but give our biggest liability an easy ride. They just praise him for his effort. Effort which produces lots of fouls and misplaced passes, but no meaningful runs into the box or shots, to say nothing of goals.

Joey Barton's rubbish too, but at least HM Prisons will probably take him off our hands in the summer.

Keegan's getting all the flak but its at least 90% Allardyce's fault. He signed a load of cloggers and created a team that doesn't have a clue what to do in open play. We've got an easier run now for few games, so hopefully we'll see some points. We outplayed Blackburn last week, so all is not lost. Not yet anyway!

Quote:
Alan Smith - They just praise him for his effort

That was exactly what happened at United. Generally rubbish (on reflection) but put a ton of effort in.

I reckon that means "just not good enough".

I agree that Barton and Smith are the two biggest wastes of time in the league. Did you see martins 40yard attempt against Liverpool that hit the bar? Class! He is a great player.

Owen isnt pushed because he knows his position isnt currently in jepardy. Bring in Martins or even Carrol along side him and we have a strike force. Who ever told smith he can still play is an idiot...why play him in the first place? Fair enough, you decide to play him, but then sub DUFF instead of smith? King KeV!?! Comm'on! What on earth man.

I think there might be pressure from Ashley to play smith, he is forever wearing his number 17 shirt in the crowd.

I agree that it is not all lost...yet. But Birmingham are on the up - 4-1 against spurs on the back of a Carling cup victory/ hangover, they have the god that is James Mcfadden now too, he can be a match winner. We have lost all moral, even when we are in the lead i.e. against Villa, we came out for the second half with our heads up our bums.

I dont know anymore. Hopefully smith and barton will be out one night and get kidnapped by raging scousers or something and they will be replaced by Ronaldo and Messi...we can all dream