I have a question about Kutchan. I notice some of the hotel listings mention that as the station. How far removed from Hirafu is it - and is it like a seperate village (?) or part of the whole Niseko thing?

I can see it on a map and everything but was wondering where it fit into the whole Niseko.

charlotte I live in Kutchan and it's a great little town. During winter there is a free night bus into Kutchan from Hirafu. Kutchan has a great range of restaurants, bars and karaoke venues. It also has a good ski store and snowboard shop and few souvenir stores. If you'd like to get away from the Aussie hordes on the hill and see a little of real rural Japan then Kutchan is only a 15 min bus ride away. Come on down! \:\)

Quote:
If you'd like to get away from the Aussie hordes on the hill and see a little of real rural Japan then Kutchan is only a 15 min bus ride away

I agree thats why we go there, oh my god I'm an Aussie, there goes the neibourhood.

Seriously Kutchan has a lot to offer, we prefer eating out there to Hiafu as it offers excellent food in some great places at a very reasonable price. Bought some good ski boots there as well. The Max Value is important to us as well as ew stay in a self contained apartment.

You can also get off the train at Niseko Town, similar distance and another place we like but not as many places to eat and shop. I would buy an apartment there.

Seriously, why would you want to stay there?

Get up, have breakfast, get you gear togther, wait for the bus to Hirafu.....................................

Same when going back.

Good luck.

Because you want to.

Because it is away from the crowds.

Because you have a car to use to take you places.

Becasue you have a place in Kutchan.

Because you have friends who live there and have a bed.

Becasue you want to.