Is anyone using it? I've just started and it seems like a good place to store your pics online. There is no limit as to how many photos you can upload and you can upload 60 pics at a time. The uploads seems to be faster than photobucket and places. I don't know if you can link to facebook pics in forums and stuff. Here's a test...

photo.php?pid=84714&id=687966147

Hmm...maybe not. Still it's good for sharing with family and friends. PM me if you don't know my real name and want to see my albums. Have to warn you though, they are mostly baby pics, not ski ones!

Dont like facebook.

Got a few invites from ppl to sign up so I tried it. they ask for your email login so they can fetch users from your address book. I let them do that and the baxxxxds emailed all the people in there who were on facebook already to say i had signed up. That address book was years old and had many ppl in there I dont want to contact, so I was extremely annoyed to find a load of emails waiting for me the next day asking why I had added them to friends etc. I thought that was an abuse of privacy. At least they didnt email everyone in the whole address book asking them to sign up (they wanted to but I unselected the checkbox), but I bet that has happened to people too.

Can't you select to skip that part of the process? That's not good. I didn't notice cos that search only found about 10 people and they were all still friends!

What have you done in the past to have an address book full of people you don't want to contact ;\)

Just joined up with Facebook and it's been a good experience so far. I got to choose who I wanted to be notified at each step.

The photo tagging feature rocks. If someone tags you in one of their photos you get to know about it - you get to see photos of yourself (and others) that you didn't know existed.

Also the ability to see members of the various groups and what friends people have has allowed me to find people I had lost track of.

• 11 months later...

It's another year on and I'd be interested to see how Facebook usage has changed.

I still use it but my usage has settled down. I use very few features/apps, just Photos, Events, Mail, Chat and occasionally Groups and Trips.