The tour was supposed to head way behind Mt. ShiroUma but,,,, as things turned out that just couldnt be done. We went with plan C and toured behind Mt. Korenge instead. This by all means wasnt a let down. Ive always wanted to ski Korenge's North facing spines and chutes. A sick area that will have to be skied again for sure. As it turned out the snow wouldve been dangerous for our planned route down shakushi. Too much of the old snow from the week before that still had not slid of of the faces.

Here are some of the pics I will re edit many though as they didnt turn out the way that I wanted them too.

To SM who hopefully can do one more tour thanks for coming out I had a blast. I wish that you would stay but Im happy that you are moving on to bigger and better things.

Not a bad plan C

fattwins_143.JPG

Sunsets at 2300 meters are nice

fattwins_144.JPG

A nice turn I was pumped

fattwins_142.jpg

Jer finding a sweet hole again

fattwins_145.JPG

Maching away from a sluff slide man what a line

fattwins_146.JPG

I like this pic cause it shows both of my line from the weekend. Look close and youll see where I dropped into the steep face chute thing. I dont know what to call it but nice.

fattwins_147.JPG

Ian the monkey and Jer thanks boys

fattwins_148.JPG

The monkey works his tired legs on the 1300 meter decent

fattwins_149.JPG

Big phat open spring corn! Dont put the boards away come out and freaking play!

fattwins_150.JPG

FF, you can be sure i'll try to come back to tour with you.

btw i've done some quick retouching of a lot of those pics since i wasn't really at my best (grey snow!!! sheesh, talk about a lazy photographer). i'll try to load them all to my site tonight so you can relink them if you want. i also made a few stitch jobs.

Originally Posted By: Fattwins

fattwins_142.jpg

Love this picture. Was wondering if those tracks in the back would be yours

Have to say that I'm jealous of you guys. Even though I am getting out loads I enjoyed my two years of Golden Week ski turns. Getting out there and skiing cool lines with good friends

haha, no way i could've kept up.

hey ff what do you think of May 26-27 weekend... i might be able to squeeze one last trip up since my original plans fell through and i already have the Friday (25th) off.

btw i sent you the link to the pics if you want to replace some of them.

here's another stitch job, scenery from our bench on day 3:

scenepano005.jpg

Originally Posted By: sock_monkey

This is my favorite action shot from the trip, FF posted it above but it's worth posting in white:

korenge0115.jpg

That verticle cornice above those trees is screaming for a big ol' arc-to-air. One turn up above to spot the landing, then a set-up lefty, then arc 'em right and launch.

Lucky I wasn't there. I would have spent waaaay too much time traversing the face just for that clean-ass air taking off next to the trees.

cheers for that shot, monkey

actually impossible the face is its own chute. it was the next chute down, I had planned to drop into it. On the way down though I spotted the sick opening and dropped in earlier than planed

Originally Posted By: sock_monkey
haha, no way i could've kept up.

hey ff what do you think of May 26-27 weekend... i might be able to squeeze one last trip up since my original plans fell through and i already have the Friday (25th) off.

btw i sent you the link to the pics if you want to replace some of them.

here's another stitch job, scenery from our bench on day 3:

scenepano005.jpg

love that pic SM

26th/27th weekend you guys going out? I dont have club that weekend and its just before midterms so might have a chance to get up there... \:D