Anybody ever do the atkins diet?

Can't help - i've never tried it. I don't like anything that is to any extreme. Eating no sugar or no carbs cannot be good for you. Balance and moderation are the key....mind and body strong grasshopper.

Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
Can't help - i've never tried it. I don't like anything that is to any extreme. Eating no sugar or no carbs cannot be good for you. Balance and moderation are the key....mind and body strong grasshopper.
yup, its all about balance mate thumbsup.gif

Atkins is way too extreme. Great for quick weight loss if you can stick it out. A few people I have known were pretty moody on it and had terrible headaches.

If you are after something healthy I'd suggest the Abs Diet. No real restrictions and you never feel hungry. I lost 10kg on it last year with binge drinking on weekends! I think I have a PDF of the book if you want to have a peep!

I am just doing atkins (the 2 week introduction twice) for a month, then I was planing on the abs diet I got a copy of the abs diet book.

I don't want to look chunky for this summers surfing.

Atkins is nothing like what I could do a few years ago. I could go 10 days with out food. But doing that had little impact on my fat, your body goes into shock and stores what it has. Atkins looses killer amounts of fat(...) like 10kgs in a month.

How chubby are you Yellow? Surely cutting down on bad food (sugars, salts, processed gunk) and eating fresh fruit and veg should do the trick. Combine this with moderate exercise (do some cardio stuff and try and walk more and generally be more active, and do pushups, chinups etc).

If you want to crash diet to lose weight, that doesn’t seem to be addressing the reasons why you’re big in the first place.

I guess you could go through an intense 2 week period now, but make sure you eat and exercise consistently afterwards.

Or just start riding a goatboat or a mal

188cm 79kg

I want to be 72kg

I work in the office far to much to have any form of exercise.

I want to make all that 72kg muscle, for exercise this summer I was thinking of going to the park with my snowboard a practice ollies popits etc on the grass.

I think plenty of people will be staring

Spook, never suggest the goat boat!

Yellow 188 and 79kg? that's a BMI of 22.4 which is normal! Hammer the abs and do the eating plan ( just use the idea's to make you own meals) with a few interval work outs and you'll be in shape for summer!

I started training for summer in Jan!

My parents tried them all. (they were pretty out of shape.) The long-beach diet shaped their lives the most. They read the book, started cooking differently and are really doing well. For the first time (and I'm not over weight) my dad and I have the same waist. It's shocking. He lost about 30 pounds and still follows the diet. It's kind of funny coming from his american-hot-rod-building-rifle-shooting self.

Basically, it gets rid of excess and cuts down on the storage carbs. Ie- eat brown rice instead of white- lay off the oils and reduce fat intake, eat smaller meals, eat healthy snacks. Pretty basic really, without cutting the one source of energy from which your brain functions... carbs.

Decreasing food intake (any food value) will train your body to store it when it gets it. If you give yourself constant healthy energy, your body will have smaller reason to store it when it arrives. oh yeah, and that hour of exercise a day is pretty important too.