I seem to be flying a lot of miles, but my miles not counted as miles (the airline seems to consider each of my miles to be "quarter miles"). Anyway I still seem to have enough now for a trip to Hong Kong.

What air mile goodies have you been able to get up until now?

a few business returns to Sapporo,

a few business returns to Tokyo,

a few econ returns to Bangkok,

a few econ returns to Seoul,

an econ return to London,

I also accumulate by doing all my spending on the airline credit card. Treats 1 USD as 1 mile.

I've had a few flights back to OZ in my time.

Used to get double miles for each dollar spent overseas, so anything spent he was collecting double points. Pity we couldn't pay most bills with the ol' CC, otherwise we would have we would have had a few more trips.

I've flown futsu class about a dozen times from Honolulu to the US Mainland. First class for free from Tokyo to Seoul. My favorite program is NWA. Can't recall exactly why but i know Delta flew me for free to Atlanta from Denver. I use a NWA Visa for most purchases so the miles add up.

I do over 100,000 miles each year and I'm currently sitting on about 450,000 miles. The difficulty in using them is that 'pak plan' trips tend to be cheaper than if you used the miles and booked your own hotels. The only time you come out ahead is when you travel business or first class. The last trip I used miles on was Italy last year. Wife and I traveled business class round trip, booked our own hotels, and took the eurostar train between cities. I'm thinking about doing the same thing this year, but heading to either paris or London.

Got a Honolulu to Sapporo round trip and was 5 miles from another one this trip. Those don't expire until next year, so I'll be good for next time. They even bumped me up to business class and gave me lounge priviledges on all legs - I think it was some kind of "book online" promotion. Pretty sure my next Vancouver flight will be on miles.

I espcially like the Cathay lounge in Hong Kong.

Huge bar, PS2s with driving seats, more bars, noodle bar, and after all that drinking, eating and playing, you can take a shower in your own cubicle to freshen up for the drinks onboard.

• 2 weeks later...