• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forcast for today Sunday Oct 29 happyglass.gif

Periods of rain changing to periods of snow near noon. Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Snow level 1300 metres lowering to valley bottom near noon. Wind southwest 30 km/h becoming northwest 30 gusting to 60 near noon. High plus 4 with temperature falling to minus 2 by evening. Tonight Cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries this evening.

edit: Snow started falling at 12:40. And the wind is indeed gusting. Bits of tree flying through the air. Props to the weather dudes here

Yeah! First cold day today, like properly cold. It was supposed to snow near me but quite, perhaps tonight. I is currently 6 degrees outside at my lofty altitude of 40m

ps - slow, I don't work/live in those buildings, no connection. They are just my surroundings. Frank Gehry desu yo.

We got our first flakes of the winter!!!!

It was spitting snow last night before I went to bed which means it had been exactly 6 months since I last saw snow (the day I left Alaska, May 1)

Wow, and it really piled up! lol.gif

SnowonRoof.jpg

SnowonFallenLeaves.jpg

I took these before leaving for work this morning. It was dark so the pictures suck.

Now it's beautiful and sunny out but the forecast is calling for more light snow the next couple of days and then a week straight of rain. Oh well, as long as it's snowing in the mountains!

That looks like a fun place to go. I may have to check it out one of these weekends. I don't think it would take more than a few hours to get to. Let me know how it is if you go! Maybe we could meet up down there one of these days.

It's actually started lightly snowing again here! It was beautiful, cold and sunny not 2 hours ago and then the clouds quickly moved in. From the radar it looks like it will continue for at least a couple of hours. I highly doubt it will amount to much, however.

This weekend I'm going to drive down to Grosser Arber and take the dog hiking. It is a ski area about 45 minutes south of me (not open yet of course). It's the closest decent skiing in the area and would be good for half day trips and even night skiing on Friday. It is funny that the place is so small yet check out the lift system they have! A little overdone in my opinion or it possibly means big crowds. It still is good to have at least something under an hours drive away.

http://www.arber.de/earber/index.htm

I found this site yesterday and thought I'd share it. I love the maps they have for Austria.

http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Austria/Austrian_Ski_Resorts_Map.html

PS - snow coming down much harder now! Yippeeeeeeeee!!!! \:D

A few pics taken 10 minutes ago (yep, very bored at work today)

My gas-guzzling American Jeep that everyone is now jealous of because of the weather and ice on the roads.

Jeep.jpg

Falling snow and trees behind the office

SnowinFocus.jpg

In focus trees

Treesinfocuswithsnowforeground.jpg

Snowing harder yet now! Unfortunately it's 1C and the ground is still relatively warm so it's not sticking.

Getting back to erratic weather of this topic, there have been new record lows for rainfall at this time of year in Western Japan according to NHK.

I was down in Aichi in the last few days and it was well warm. 26 degrees in the afternoon.

Last week it pissed down here in Tohoku, and the rivers were as full as I've seen them all year. Currently we have classic autumn cool and dry with misty mornings. Next week I'm going to be in Bali, so the forecast is tropical.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Wiggles:
Getting back to erratic weather of this topic, there have been new record lows for rainfall at this time of year in Western Japan according to NHK.

I was down in Aichi in the last few days and it was well warm. 26 degrees in the afternoon.
Yep. It hasn't rained in weeks, and in the weekly weather forecasts there's always a little oasis, say, Wednesday, but when you get to Wednesday it turns out to have been a mirage. Effortless vegetable growing requires a decent fall of rain at least once a week, and we ain't getting it. It's been very warm here, and last night was the first real sign of a chill.

Plucky, are you sure people are really jealous of your gas-guzzling American Jeep?

Just went for a jog here in Tokyo in shorts and a short-sleeve shirt this morning.

Also just looked at my wall and realized the calender on my wall still says its September. Maybe this weather is my fault. I'm ripping pages off right after I post this.

(damn, can't believe I'm joining the sewing circle, too!)

>Plucky, are you sure people are really jealous of your gas-guzzling American Jeep?

In seriousness, I reckon they would be at least admiring it. Germans love cars and especially powerful engines and driving at a fuel wasting 200kph, even I do. Germans are obsessed with cars and not one of them appears to give a flying F about carbon emissions nor wasting a depleted resource. If behaviour is any indication, its a non-issue in their minds and a quick look at any packed autobahn will prove it. Driving 500-1000km in a weekend at 200kph is a perfectly normal thing to do, without any hint of concern.

Seriously.

I am sure its the similar in most places, certainly its the same in Italy. There are more cars and especially trucks on the freeways than you could imagine. USA must be the same or worse.

No one will give a shit until the Government tells them to via policy or price.