Steve 'crocodile hunter' Irwin dead

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a bit harsh Soub. I found him entertaining as he was different but also thought it was a matter of time until something happened to him. Too bad for his kids although it does seem that they are trying to "milk" his image a bit even after his death...Anyway, RIP

I thought he seemed like a thoroughly decent and personable bloke who made a lot of people happy through his work and was very dedicated to his work and promoting a lot of positive things.

The world needs more positive people like him and less negative miserable gits who add little positive to the world (not directed at anyone here in particular!)

I was getting over-emotional at his passing away - even though I thought it was sad - but also find it quite hard to understand how some people are so critical. But everyone has their opinion so....

Do you ski back country? Do you check avalanche conditions, or just trust in God?

He made himself famous and rich by deliberately exposing himself to risk. He offered up his baby to a crocodile. Was that responsible behaviour?

He made a career by deliberately invading the personal space of wild animals. He got himself killed. He was a dickhead.

Edit

I thought he was a dickhead having it coming when he was alive. Being proved right doesn't give me any pleasure.

I find it quite amazing how he can cop so much critisism. He made a few bad judgements perhaps, yes. Obviously everyone else is always perfect and never does anything even slightly less than totally responsible.

You'd think he was going round killing animals or something the way some people go on.

What do those people think about all the things he has done re: conservation around the world and the looking after of animals? Perhaps a little reading might make it a little clearer that this guy did far more for wildlife (or for ANYTHING) than probably most people walking around this earth.

http://www.wildlifewarriors.org.au/

Clearly not a parent.

He offered his child as a bait to a crocodile.

He did nothing for conservation, just got famous and rich on tabloid TV

Tell me TomatoThrower, would you hold your baby in front of a hungry full-grown crocodile?

Please answer the question.

Originally Posted By: TomatoThrower
 Quote:
Clearly not a parent.

I am a parent.

Quote:
Would you hold your baby in front of a hungry full-grown crocodile?

No I wouldn't.

I woulnd't either, but the dickhead did.

Well that obviously proves that he was a terrible father (unlike us of course who never make any mistakes in our role as parent), the conservation work he did was worthless and he ill-treated animals.

wakaranai.gif

In a world full of "celebrities" that truly are worthless, it seems strange to pick on one so strongly who actually did a lot of good.

We've found a mutual point of satisfaction.

Holding our children as crocodile bait is not good.

The disagreement is that dicking with wild animals is clever and entertaining. I don't agree with that.

Let's make a decision

You have come across a fish with a deadly dart.

You can make the choice to invade it's space or keep away

You choose to invade the space of the deadly fish.

You get killed

Tough shit.