Our local TV station is currently recording a feature on soubriquette doing her thing in the kitchen. She's producing some kind of confection based on our local Obanazawa water melons. It's due to go to air next week sometime.

I offered my services as tarento. I had the "ooh, aah, desu ne" off pat. They turned me down because having a disreputable ex-hippie lowers the tone too far lol.gif

What did you do to become an "ex hippie".

a)Support a war

b)Gave up the hooch

c)Burnt your collection of tie-dye t-shirts

d)Gave up lentils and dined on whale

e)Got an office job

f)All of the above

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
How do I do that?
Hmm, record it on a video or DVD recorder, convert it to some kind of computer friendly format on a DVD, and upload.
Sounds simple but I just made that up! Don't actually have a clue how you would do it. One of my frinds at work always converts things from VHS to mpeg for me. Not sure how she does it. Anyone else?

Thanks lol.gif

I'm pretty sure I can't get my computer to read from the VCR. What I've done is ask soubriquette to get the TV company to supply a DVD of the section. There seems to be plenty of free software claiming to convert DVD to Divx/Mpeg4 format.

Anyone?

It took them 4 hours to film a 5 minute piece.

There are many ways to convert video (analog like video tape and digital like DVDs) into a format suitable for watching on your computer and transferring over the net. Most DV video cameras (record from a VCR and transfer to your computer) can do the conversion and there are lots of other ways to do it.

Ok. It's on at 5.00 pm, Saturday, 26th on TUY Channel 6.

Thanks fjef. I don't have a video camera, but I'll try to get as much as possible as an AVI file on my digicam. When I asked soubriquette to get a DVD from the TV company she went all coy, and gave me a very old-fashioned look. Pointing out that being shy and appearing on TV seems a little contradictory didn't help lol.gif

I'm sure if you asked they'd give you one. I remember when I went on the local radio and tv when I first came here they gave me vid tapes, with original packaging too! (wooooo!)

Man, she seems like a genuine little success! Well done to your lady (and to you for being her friend)

ps - that clip was beautifully presented. Point the camera at the screen, exactly how I would have done it (to the scorn of new media losers). I also got some flash backs. It had all the elements of good J tv: ditty girl presenter, text on the screen, central theme of food \:\)