Japanese test - anyone going to take it?

Just found out that they hold the test in my town! I was under the impression that I would have to go to Osaka (3 hour train ride) to take it so I wasn't even considering it. Now that I hear it's in my town (toyama city) I have no real excuse to not take it. I'm going for level 2...anyone else planning on taking it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

work on reading Kuma - thats by far the hardest part of the exam. And do the grammar first before doing the readings. You should be able to fly through the grammar in about 20 mins and then have the rest of the time for the long readings - I got bogged down in the first 2 questions on 1 last year for close to 40 mins eek.gif \:\(

It's so easy to get bogged down in it isn't it? I told myself not to but still ended up making that mistake first time. Easy to get into "panic mode" for the long sections, what I thought anyway.

I made the silly mistake of signing up for the JETRO business Japanese test (BJT) coming up in two weeks.

Turns out, they now put your picture on your test certificate. I guess having someone else sit the exam has been a problem in the past, but has anyone actually done (or heard of anyone doing) that? Seems like something you'd get called out on 30 seconds into a job interview anyway, so why would anyone bother?

that's the most important thing about it. Even if you think you won't get it, at least you will do more study than if you weren't going for it. That's how I always looked at it.