I want Fibre optic but cant get it, they wont put it in old mansions unless every tenant in the building wants it,.......like that is ever going to happen...sigh...wish I lived in a house...with a garden...and grass and space...

Start door knocking, our place is like little town houses, (with garden, grass :p ) and they said it would be cheaper if we got 4 people joined... We ended up getting it by ourselves anyway, but after we got it we found 3 other people that have since signed up, so you never know..

DL speeds are crazy! I had a torrent yesterday hitting just over 450kb!!!! 30 min tv show in a matter of minutes!!

only 450? I got a torrent last week hitting 500 on ADSL!, granted it was a very well seeded uknova torrent and it was the only thing using the bandwidth at that particular time

wink1.gif

I usually get 50 - 200kb on well 'seeded/high ratio of seeders to leechers' torrents i.e member site torrent sites.

my mate has hikari and he gets up to 2mb a second at times on well seeded torrents.

He gets stuff ridiculously quick.

I used to get up to 200kb on Adsl, and now get stuff way faster.

The fastest stuff I have seen was 450 the other day on Azureus, I have NAT error but still manage OK and most torrents I DL are at the start of the seeding therefore slower than usual ( Just let them go all night) I probably hae hit faster but son't sit and watch then DL! little boring!

Torrents are fickle though, only as fast as the people seeding so can't really judge by them..

Other stuff like updates file DL etc kicks ass 10 times better than ADSL.

Quote:
Originally posted by snowglider:
only 450? I got a torrent last week hitting 500 on ADSL!, granted it was a very well seeded uknova torrent
ha! you've been busted DL BBUK! lol.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by sunrise:
CB - on page 1 you were advertising piracy on a public forum! Careful, you'll have the anti-piracy police at your door... they're starting to do it in Japan too!
fair enough and thanks sunrise. But the music that I download isnt illegal. The bands actually encourage it and allow tapers. So, I dont think that what I use it for could be considered piracy and if they checked my computer theyd see \:\)

thats why I love those bands cool.gif

i was fine with yahhos 16mb and downloaded movies in 1hr to 1 day. it still depends alot on the other side.

ebc has issues with her mac she cant download torrents or various other things. i think her security is set very high. anyone that can help her out with mac issues please do, i cant.