does anyone know if it's possible to find a schedule for the channels on yahoo bbtv anywhere... is it on the internet? i can't read the japanese website very well... anyone use yahoo bbtv and know how to find a schedule for it (japanese or english)?

dunno but will probably break down and sign up for that myself. My building has EO hikari fiber but it seems like it takes 3 months and like 30,000 (construction fee) just to get it hooked up though monthly fee is less than 4000 yen. Im not sure I care bout the net that much to pay 30,000 :rolleyes:

Are most peeps satisfied with 50mbs?? Fast enough yeah?

www.bbtv.com

is what my flyer says EBC

i use yahoo bb internet and tv - about 4000 a month for the net and an extra 2000 for tv (right now AXN is showing LOST - saw that for the first time last night, very cool a whole bunch of seriously hot people, still looking hot after falling out of the sky in a crashing plane, love it - like the OC on an island)

yehhh aaaaaaaanyway, my internet connection is so fast, so it's all good! you should get it cb!

yo it's ladeeeeez nite - only 1000yen and i like going to the cinema, it's all about the ambience ;\)

though i'm quite tempted by LOST, though maybe it will be repeated early tomorrow morning and i could watch it before skiing happyglass.gif

oeufff i'm gonna have to work out katakana now to read this site eh

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
dunno but will probably break down and sign up for that myself. My building has EO hikari fiber but it seems like it takes 3 months and like 30,000 (construction fee) just to get it hooked up though monthly fee is less than 4000 yen. Im not sure I care bout the net that much to pay 30,000 :rolleyes:

Are most peeps satisfied with 50mbs?? Fast enough yeah?
CB, I didN't read the posts below but NTT were having a campaign that the construction is for free!
I got my hikari a month ago and it's great.. doesn't matter about tower distance etc..
Suss it out as you might not have to pay that fee..

and 50mb, damn thats slow!

Ive checked quite a few companies and the waiting time for hikari averages out at 3 months here in Kansai. For Nagoya it might be different...

The tower for me is very close to my apartment so the speed wont decrease. Will head back to Yodobashi tomorrow before headin ta Kyoto and double check... cheers for the info Indo \:\)

cb - so ya know i'm all good with da hiragana and da kanji for the odd spot of emailing ;\) but my katakana is a load of tosh, so eh you got any good websites you can reccommend if i copy and paste katakana (instead of sitting looking it all up) from the tv guide webpage - so far i've worked out that at 21.40 the Last Action Hero is on AXN - but that was too much effort... so a little help here, any websites that like translating katakana :p

CB, yep they do say upto 3 months but in many cases it's much quicker.

The people next door were told 2 months and the NTT guys came in 2 weeks. Just sign up and hope that they come sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:

What's Yahoo hikari?
Hikari means light but here its short for hikari faibaa, optical fiber. Its an Internet connection via optical fiber. It has a higher capacity than metal wires, and that's why you can get stuff like TV as well as the phone and Internet.

NTT rang me up last week and their message was basically "you know how you (me) inquired about our optical fiber service a while back, well we're starting the service in August. However we see you that you are no longer that that address you applied from. At your new address, you still can't have it."

Thanks NTT! That was really good to know!