I saw something on a news program that was about the Japanese lesbian scene and they were going on about Shinjuku 2 chome being known as "Gaytown" with tons of gay bars and a really active scene.

Had never heard about that before. Is this kind of thing becoming more open I wonder?

I saw that too GB. It was on a few days ago right? Cameras toured around with one girl in her routine...

There a quite a fair few of gays on TV in Japan. Dont think its much of a big deal here like it would be back in the States where Christians attack anybody for being different.

I dunno. It's strange it doesn't seem to be a big deal on the tv, but in the real world might be something different. I asked a few people recently if they knew any gay people and every single one of them said no and gave a bit of a giggle.

I have some J-gay friends and been also to Shinjuku 2chome, although I am not a gay.

It’s a rather interesting place, I have to say that now I know first hand how girls feel when us boys try to pick them up in a bar. :p

I turned from the “Saturday night hunter” to the “Saturday night prey”.

Most of the people I met were really open minded and was fun to talk with them. Actually I met my girlfriend at a gay friends party some years ago.