I think I remember reading something about someone selling a glass of water or something nuts like that. (And if I remember correctly, some fools bid and bought it). I don't understand lots of people.

last year, on my first and - gasp! - only time on ebay, out of curiosity i checked out the "weird stuff" category. among other very strange things, there was a woman advertising "a chance to teach my child a lesson"... she claimed her child was an out-of-control brat who wouldn't listen to a word she said; there was a picture of said child sitting on the kitchen floor covered in what looked like cake mix.

she was selling the opportunity to discipline her child!!!! methinks that speaks volumes.

yep, you gotta love the bizarre stuff that people put up on there. can't remember everything, but a highlight was when a girl put her virginity up for sale.

and there was a bit of a story in the uk a few years ago, when someone put up an unwanted wedding invitation, i think it ended up selling for a few grand.

• 3 months later...