I enjoy nothing more (well a few things more) than kicking back at home after work with a beer or glass of red wine. Or maybe a whiskey after dinner. Generally I drink every day, but mostly just a glass or 2. Maybe once a week I get fairly loaded. Whilst im sure some will say this is excessive, i believe its quite harmless.

whats your poison? How much do you drink?

my arsenal of poisons include:

beer

stout (hard to find here, but recently got into a korean stout, mostly cause it only costs 145yen a can)

red wine (generally australian)

whiskey and ginger ale

whiskey and soda - 'highball' (always conjures up kind of grotty conotations for me that name)

sho-chu on the rocks

japanese sake

cocktails (generally only in tropical environments)

rusty nail

gin and tonic (in summer)

i better stop there \:o

no way that's too much, in my opinion (others, i'm sure, will disagree)...i think that sounds perfectly healthy. i definitely enjoy a beer or glass of wine around dinner time, but ideally alongside a nice fatty. unfortunately i just have to abstain from that for the most part over here. so instead i enjoy:

beer

red wine

gin and anything (but preferably tonic and fresh lime)

mojitos

the incredibly classy 7% chu-hais

coffee w/ plenty of bailey's

but the best drink of all....

BLOODY CAESARS! (vodka and clamato juice) the best way to drink them is super spicy, in a nalgene bottle full of ice, accompanying a bike ride and a picnic, with refill supplies in the backpack. and of course a j.

oops. caesars should also have a generous helping of tobasco, lea & perrins, salt and pepper. hard to do a rimmer and garnish when you're riding, but at home i think the best garnish is a spicy bean.

I usually only drink on the weekends and holidays.

Wine when eating

Beer when drinking

Beer when fishing

Beer in the onsen (occasionally sake)

Scotch and dry when flying

Vodka and redbull when tired (2 only)

Pina colada when sitting on a beach at sunset

I'm a poor student so I only drink beer, but it's ok cause I love it! Maybe when I'm a bit older I can dabble in the classier drinks some of you mentioned \:\)

I drink hard once a week at least, usually twice and sometimes more. I think it's becoming unhealthy as my whole group drink to our limit almost everytime and don't drink otherwise. I'm worried about my liver! But It's not a 'drinking problem' more of a social problem. However that said, we rarely are sick from drinking. A good thing i think? On average I'd drink between 10-12 stubies in a night. It sounds stupid but even in the last 18 months I can feel my hangovers a lot more, I thought I was invincible at the end of high school!

I'll get a photo of my Jap beer can collection, it's at 26 big cans right now. They're my pride and joy and each remind me of a good night at the snow, in the onsen, or walking back from the street corner vending machine.

People drink for different reasons. A lot of my friends will have a drink at night because it helps them unwind. Drinking doesn't relax me at all, in fact it makes me quite hyperactive, so I usually only drink when I'm in the mood to party.

At the moment I'm a big fan of champagne cocktails, two of those and I'm toasted.

My some of you guys drunk a fair bit! I only drink usually when I go out. I have been known to drink a fair bit. I usually get a bit hyperactive as well nicole, but there's a certain point where that suddenly turns into "I need sleep" mode.