I really need a lot of personal space.

I don't generally like people eating or drinking right up close to me -unless I particularly want them to be ;\) - and hate it when someone gets too close to talk or start grabbing at you. There's this one colleague I have, a lady actually, and she just crosses the personal space boundary much too often. It makes me really uncomfortable, but I find it hard to be able to do anything other than just move myself away when it happens.

I seem to need more of it these days as well.

I just wanted to say that.

I know what you mean Rach. I hate that too. You should try pinning one of those flower things that squirts water to your shirt, and when she gets too close just let her have it in the eye!

Personal space is very important to me as well.

I hate even trains and buses that have seats that are too narrow and not enough room. Really hate it when people eat close up - especially with the noise just to make it that extra bit annoying.

Do you think that you have more personal space in your home country than here?

Could that be contributed to the fact that Japanese live like ants and get packed onto trains like sardines?

Like my own personal space but have noticed that its shrunk quite a bit since living here. Think its something like 30 cm circle :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
Like my own personal space but have noticed that its shrunk quite a bit since living here. Think its something like 30 cm circle :rolleyes:
That’s maybe because your waist radius increased at about the same amount, oyaji-san. :p
 Quote:
Originally posted by tsondaboy:
 Quote:
That’s maybe because your waist radius increased at about the same amount, oyaji-san. :p
yeah, my 半立ち usually needs that much range when I turn around :p :p
 Quote:
Think its something like 30 cm circle :rolleyes:
Oh my!
Then my 63cm around head even can not get in the circle!?

lol.gif

If it meant 30cms in diameter, I think it can \:\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
 Quote:
yeah, my 半立ち usually needs that much range when I turn around :p :p
So how much space is it at full mast?? lol.gif

mate, do you really need a Japanese lesson? 半 = half..ok? Not losing you yet am I? 立ち = stand. If its half standing the full mast would be? Id go with a ロバ maybe  \:D lol.gif \:D