• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>The short story is that it's a bit irritating when people automatically talk right past you if you are with Japanese companions that seem to be there for you as translators.

wurrd - easy ways to deal with peeps like that but annoying nonetheless :rolleyes:

Full Beamers - I ride my bike frequently at night often late along a back road people frequently use as a shortcut. So many drivers fail to dip their lights when approaching me, they all drive along on full beam thinking its ok because there are no cars coming in the opposite direction.

Cars, cyclists it doesnt matter, we are equally blinded by your damn headlights!

Dip your f*%$#ing lights!!!!!!

I usually hold my hands over my eyes until they dip, sometimes they do, sometimes they dont - its the oblivousness and lack of intuition of many drivers - the Mr Wheeler mentality (screw all other road users when I am behind the wheel), that irritates me no end.

I want to load my mama-chari basket with rotten eggs and hurl them at full beamers.

blowup6or.gif

12-volt-cordless-10-million-candle-searc

how about this one, 10 million candle power, 1 hours worth of battery life.

Perhaps I should shoulder mount it ala the "Predator", burn some holes in their retinas.....

chinscratch.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
The short story is that it's a bit irritating when people automatically talk right past you if you are with Japanese companions that seem to be there for you as translators. [/QB]
Yeah, I hate that!

Way to bring that up Kintaro thumbsup.gif

My wife will tell the server/teller/etc 'please talk to him he's ordering/paying/etc

People (ususally my wife) who interrupt me while I'm trying concentrate (Work, TV). Usually nothing more than a "what do you want for dinner?" mad.gif

No matter how many times I explain about my limited brain function this continues.

And then the conversation goes like this:

Her: "What do you want for dinner?"

Me: "Anything is fine"

Her: "Don't say that"

Me: "OK then, How about Okonomiyaki?"

Her: "Okonomiyaki------" (Said in a dissaproving tone

Me: " Argh-------------------"

Way to post 500 times

Quote:
Originally posted by misorano:

Her: "What do you want for dinner?"
Me: "Anything is fine"
Her: "Don't say that"
Me: "OK then, How about Okonomiyaki?"
Her: "Okonomiyaki------" (Said in a dissaproving tone
Me: " Argh-------------------"
lol.gif a fly on the wall at my place would experience the exact same thing!!!!!!

Anther irritation related to Davo's scuffing theme - the total lack of respect shown to shoes, people walking on the back of the heels until they become slip-ons especially at the gym after they have gotten off the weighing scales. Put your damn shoes on rather than walking around with your feet half in on tippy toes looking like a retard!
this morning I saw a lady walking out of bakery to her car with a pair of basketball boots half on, scuffing them along tip toe style - looked so ridiculous!

the word "fab"

and yeah Sanjo. "So which one do I actually look like?? Michael Owen, Samuel L. Jackson, or Bruce Willis? Come on people, let's come up with some consensus here!" :rolleyes:

when the same person, upon arrival at work every day, points out to me in this 100 degree weather and 1000% humidity that i'm sweating.

like i couldn't feel it crawling down my back and beading under my hair.

oh, and then proceeds to tell me - every day - that japanese women don't sweat. which seems to be infuriatlingly true. mad.gif

Soubriquette gets pretty sweaty when she's baking. Apart from the heat, it's heavy work shifting 20kg bags of flour. She tastes all salty like. Yum.

So tomorrow tell him he's wrong and to sod off.

C'mon runaway bunny, you're in Miyagi. It aint that hot here, and this summer has been a lot cooler than the last two.

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
Soubriquette gets pretty sweaty when she's baking. Apart from the heat, it's heavy work shifting 20kg bags of flour. She tastes all salty like. Yum.

So your vote goes for savoury not sweet then soub? ;\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by runaway bunny:

oh, and then proceeds to tell me - every day - that japanese women don't sweat. which seems to be infuriatlingly true. mad.gif
Oh and what about the major pit stains that all of the female teachers I work with have by about 8:30am