Roppongi or Omotesando?

Has anyone been to the new one at Omotesando. I feel like I've been the amount of times I've seen it on tv and everywhere else.

It doesn't matter which would win, both are Mori's project. I liked that old apartment in Omotesando better than Omotesando hills. I think it had more atmosphere. But it was too old to be there, so Shikataga nai desune... I think Roppongi becomes better place to visit after Roppongi hills but I don't like that tower building design and realized why. Because its four corners are rounded, I realized I don't like rounded corner buidlings and Izumi garden building in Roppongi Ichome is more like my taste.

Trendy spot in Tokyo is always moving around. The next big project is "Tokyo Midtown". http://www.tokyo-midtown.com/en/main.html

Toyosu is going to become like Odaiba as well.

Not another one....!

I'm not sure if I'm game to walk into Omotesando Hills. I think I'll stay on the other side of the road and hang out at Good Honest Grub, one of my favourite restaurants instead.... much friendlier vibe...

Did the Good Honest Grub move to Harajuku from Ebisu? I remember the carrot cake there was too sweet to me. ;\) La Boheme and Zest there had closing party Friday night. I heard that building was going to be torn down. Where is the Comedy Store now??

What? Someone who eats chocolate for lunch found that carrot cake too sweet? :p \:D (I don't like things too sweet myself...)

No, they didn't move the Grub, they closed the Ebisu branch last Xmas. Very sad actually, that was very convenient. \:\(

La Bohime and Zest closed down? Where? Nishi Azabu?

Comedy Store is now at Crocodile, on Meiji Dori about halfway between Harajuku and Shibuya. I guess you heard about the fire at Oh God.

Sunrize the Gyoza place is really close to Grub.

Just turn left at the post office on the way to Grub and you will find it on your left hand after 10 steps. \:\)

I also go a lot at the Tai place next to the Gyoza.

Quote:
Originally posted by LiquidX:
Good old Odaiba would surely win!

Is this new Omotesando one getting the vibes and reputation Odaiba and Roppongi had?
I can't understand how you can compare Roppongi and Omotesando to Odaiba. :rolleyes:
Omotesando hills used be Dojunkai apartment.
Dojunkai apartments were built for homeless people in Tokyo after Kanto earthquake in 1924.
It was really pretty apartment. The scale of Omotesando hills project is smaller than Roppongi hills or Odaiba but its on a prime location and symbolic enough. So they didn't need a tower building there.
My concern is about Delongi cafe in Omotesando hills. Espresso was 210yen and Cappucino was 290yen in Kanda but they are now 250yen and 330yen in Omotesando! I'm wondering if they closed down one in Kanda or it's still there. confused.gif I have to check it out.
Living in Tokyo for 4years and I feel like I'm a Tokyo Otaku now...
Ocean, when was the last time you were in Tokyo?

I can't remember exactly slow. 4 years ago maybe. I keep getting TS Eliot moments when I'm there that I can't shake off until I get to the next prefecture.

People in Matsuyama get very excited about going to Tokyo. They boast about it for several weeks before and after they go. And anybody hearing them begins to wear a wistful, envious look. It's funny in a sad sort of way. But we have a half-finished Ando Tadao building here now, so we're less imo than... than... Kochi!

• 2 weeks later...