Ocean, sure, I have something relevant to say. Anyway, I apologized to you for my language and was sincere (still am). I didn't come "crawling back" at all. I still consider you an ass.

Getting back to the issue, look folks, it's my prediction the US will not be NUKING IRAN (even if antiwar.com and above posted idiot are sure they will).

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as usuall, it's merely a question of what Ocean 11 thinks, right? Who gives a toss indeed!

Look tosser, give it a rest and let this thread go on its course. You are boring and predictable.

It would be very nice to be able to have a discussion about this, but Kintaro would actually have to know something first. He would then have to form an opinion based on what he knows. He would have to resist the urge to simply abuse somebody who has a different opinion.

I don't believe he has the intelligence or self-restraint to do this. But let's try a little test shall we?

Kintaro, the CIA reportedly says that Hersh's article contains inaccuracies. In your opinion, which parts of Hersh's article are most likely to be inaccurate? Be sure to give reasons now.

No Ocean, I will not appease you. My point has always been that none of us know. By simply reading internet/magazine/newspaper,etc, doesn't put you in the KNOW! You are a sheep. I haven't been to the CIA headquarters, haven't had a discussion with Bush or Blair. To get all excited because the media says so is moronic. How do you assume the media (even your beloved antiwar.com) makes money? By making up boring stories? Pull your head out of your ass and for the last time, let this go! I'm finished with you.

By the way, how can you say it's not a question of prediction? No matter what antiwar.com says it hasn't happened. It's a prediction!

I'm sorry everybody. This has been quite boring!

no its quite interesting actually. kintaro you got hooked and goated. A debate means that there is a chance to swing the other side or other people over to your side. I have never seen O11 admit that he was wrong or say sorry for taking the piss out of someone. The thing is you have to know when you are being goated mate.

Kintaro, why are you getting your knickers in such a twist about this? I don't see the need. It's not as if my opinion is harming you in any way at all.

> how can you say it's not a matter of prediction?

It's really simple. Hersh and other reporters have made statements of FACT - Bush has ordered that planning be undertaken, planning is being undertaken, the planning involves nuclear weapons, the planning is operational. These statements of FACT may or not be accurate. The CIA says that some or all of them are inaccurate. I personally don't know what to believe. But, there's no prediction involved there, right?

Hersh and other reporters have also reported OPINION - Bush is messianic, Bush thinks he has nothing political lose, the military are not happy about planning nuclear attacks. There is no prediction involved there either, right?

Now I have nowhere said Iran is definitely going to be nuked, because I'm not a gypsy with a crystal ball who makes predictions. I've merely repeated the reporting of FACT and OPINION, and I've talked about the POSSIBILITY of a nuclear attack on Iran.

Politics being the realm of the possible, I also posted a link to a political site that offers a slight possibility of changing facts and opinions in a more positive direction. There's no prediction involved there either. (Are you getting the point yet? Perhaps you begin to see why nobody would be very interested in your predictions?)

Far from being a sheep and just going with the flow, however bad, and yelling down anybody who doesn't do the same, I'm taking what action I can, writing to my representatives and trying to make other people take an interest. I don't know why that's such an upsetting thing to do.

Fattwins, the word is 'goaded', and I'm not trying to goad anybody. I'm trying to have a discussion to pursuade anybody who might be willing to listen, or to do their own research.

16 days...

========

Iran Could Produce Nuclear Bomb in 16 Days, U.S. Says (Update2)

April 12 (Bloomberg) -- Iran, defying United Nations Security Council demands to halt its nuclear program, may be capable of making a nuclear bomb within 16 days, a U.S. State Department official said.

Iran will move to ``industrial scale'' uranium enrichment involving 54,000 centrifuges at its Natanz plant, the Associated Press quoted deputy nuclear chief Mohammad Saeedi as telling state-run television today.

``Using those 50,000 centrifuges they could produce enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon in 16 days,'' Stephen Rademaker, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation, told reporters today in Moscow.

========

I wonder if this makes anybody feel a little uncomfortable.