With impeccable timing of this arrest, almost all news of the fake quake proof buildings disappeared from mass media eh. Just as some big politicians names were starting to come up in that investigation, hmm..

And the "suicide" in Okinawa by Horie's right hand man during Livedoor IPO is suspected by many conspiracy theorists. I suppose we'll never know the truth..

Consider this

Horie ran against Kame in the last election.

Kame was the head of the police for sometime.

The construction news was getting worse and was

slowly connecting itself to old parts of the LDP.

The anti Kozumi factions still have many idiots that will do them favours.

That said if there was no dirt to dig up then he wouldnt be in trouble. Horie went against the Japanese main stream and took it too far really. The charges are really not that big but he has been knocked back down.

Did anybody see the non-interview with pop-eye matey from Rakuten?

"Would you care to comment about Live Door."

(Eyes going slightly more round and glassy) "Live Door? I'm in no position to comment, so I will not make any comment (because let's face it, we all do it, and getting caught is the only crime), so yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

They say that Horiemon had not built himself a sufficiently good warning system and only had a 30-minute headstart to delete his disk drives (not nearly long enough). I bet Rakuten matey would have had days to do it. One of the costs of not wearing a suits perhaps?

The construction problem is hardly going to go away because of this. There are a lot of unhappy campers in those buildings, and nobody would realistically expect them just to pipe down because of a trivial money scandal.

The "tasty" (ProbablyCrazyPerson quote) girl who used to be with Horiemon all the time was in charge of PR. I have heard rumours that she has already quite LIVEDOOR though ... Wonder where she is now? Wouldn't mind hooking up with her some night soon!

"(Sukoshi nagame no) sports gari" perhaps?

I had to look up what Livedoor did when they first hit the news. I didn't have the foggiest. If all they really do is buy up other companies, its no great loss if they go down. The media should give the same free publicity to people who make things or do things. There are plenty of them out there.

There's talk of Fuji TV taking over Livedoor now. Ooh, the irony!

Horie's Mate who supposedly offed himself had cuts to both wrists, throat (both sides), and stomach. Did a real good job of it.

I would have thought that all these guys would have ultra secure systems that the coppers would not be able to get into. Passwords and heavy encryption.

One thing you notice about NHK is they use YOGISHA a lot less than the other networks.

The tend to favor HORIE ZEN SHA CHO.

Wiggly:

Fuji TV has been taken to the cleaners. Didn't quite realize what they were getting into when the bought 12% (may be wrong) of the stock. Not allowed to sell it for 2 years or so, so at present they are suffering an massive on paper loss.

Rano

I was just going off this report.

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060125/kyodo/d8fbqvogc.html

I'm not following the story, so I don't know if that's realistic or whatever. It suggests that they would use the might(!) of FujiTV to steady the ship. They could make Mattchan the new president, with Chiriko-san as his PR woman.

I did see a prog a week or so ago before the scandal broke about Roppongi Hills. It said that Livedoor's neighbours Merrill "we've got our own elevator" Lynch had been giving them lots of M&A advice. I wonder if they said something naughty....