No surf, ankle looks like a grapefruit, so I'm just sitting here on the computer. I just put this together for a friend. Nothing special, but brings back some fun memories of yesterday.

To break it down - Crusty as hell with hardly any powder up north. I hope it was a bit fluffier for you guys down south. We found some choice runs on the backside, and of course, I got none of them on film. The jumps in these films were fun though. Straight drop into a frozen creek covered with snow. We had a blast just exploring the backcountry yesterday. The main mountain sucked so we used our time wisely \:D

Here be the link: Hachimantai vid

SJmod - it's big, but if you want, you can put this up on my page. PM if you need any details. Thanks!

yo jared, who is that skiin'? looks like a pretty quality jibber - landing a 540 is pretty impressive.

Too bad I couldn't meet up with you in Iwate - the highway was closed so my intermediate-minded friend thought I'd be a better idea to head to shizukushi instead. both gondolas were closed, but there was still some good stuff to be found near the slow singles to skiier's right.

It sure is --- though she says its not the best skiing.

Much much more to come thats just 6 or 7 of 60 or 70 similar clips collected so far.

Thats Sugata masasomething doing the 5's

If there is not a vid of me at least trying a 5 next week then have me on about it.

Those jumps are still hurting dude you guys need better builders, Not the jumpers. there is no float to those hits. look at my vid page for a looksee at the dynaland big kicker the video is labeled switch I think.

The new skis are helping the wife athough the last bit looked like she was going to hit a tree. My wife tends to do well but every now and then she goes right at a tree that she should have planned to avoid.

yeah, i know, i did have to avoid those trees cos they only came into view at the last moment. anyways, here is some more of me skiing in niseko (again the skiing isn't too great - but it's pow and it's niseko...)

i get retarded every now and then when i ski, that's my excuse lol.gif

here

(snowjapan - you could stick it on the vid page if you like cos we prolly won't keep it on our site for long)

WELL aware that the table is mighty sad. Come spring time we'll make the drive to Appi for some pipe & park.

NZ's north island doesnt offer anything in the way of pow but it does have a fine pair of monster tables. (a couple of years ago)

Nice video jared! Looks like a lot of fun! Luckily, I haven't crashed while skiing with my camera.....YET \:D Loved that part.

It sounds like you do a lot of filming during the season. Are you going to post anything up on this site? I would love to use some of your clips for the little project we're doing here.

PM or let me know in a message when you plan on heading to Appi. Love to hookup up with some SnowJapan guys at some point this season and Appi is pretty close to me.

Cheers

for the number of times we have been up the hill, we haven't really filmed much. the best skiing never got captured cos we were too busy skiing... also, we don't have a snow jacket for the video camera, so it's fine weather only at present.

Quote:
Some Quasimoto-helium-style female over some old skool beats going off on the soundtrack there. Who is it, btw?

the music is from a DJ called P-Money from New Zealand.

we'll be heading to hachimantai some time soon. a friend of a friend owns a bus, so all our skier friends at geto will hop on it and hopefully get some powder \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by Shimba:
for the number of times we have been up the hill, we haven't really filmed much. the best skiing never got captured cos we were too busy skiing... also, we don't have a snow jacket for the video camera, so it's fine weather only at present.

Quote:
Some Quasimoto-helium-style female over some old skool beats going off on the soundtrack there. Who is it, btw?
the music is from a DJ called P-Money from New Zealand.

we'll be heading to hachimantai some time soon. a friend of a friend owns a bus, so all our skier friends at geto will hop on it and hopefully get some powder \:D
I don't have a snow jacket for my camera either but pretty much film in anything but rain. I haven't had any problems yet (fingers crossed..) I'd still love to see what you guys have taken \:\)

Hachimantai soon, eh? I'll be up there tomorrow and then all the next weekend. I'm sure I'll go a few more times later in the season also. Let me know when you plan on making the trip

Myself and Oufreeski2 bought small boxes for our cameras. It keep them pretty safe even in nasty crashes. The only problem is the camera shuts down cause of moisture 3 times a season when I leave it in the box too long after skiing. I did have the lens come loose this season but it was fixed for cheap.

Plucky I wrote on another site that the tapes will come next week cause this week is maybe looking good.