Removing candlewax from carpet

I accidentally knocked a candle off the coffee table and now there's purple wax stuck in the dark blue carpet. We tried sponging it out with hot water but there's still a noticable purplish stain.

If my apartment manager sees it we'll probably lose our bond \:\(

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the wax completely or at least make it less noticable?

my girl friend forgot about the red candle she'd lit on the dinner table. a heap of wax ended up on the carpet.

sorry I can't give helpful advice - we never managed to completely clean it up - it was a real bugger.

not sure how we managed to get all our bond back, but we did.

google maybe?

http://www.asktooltalk.com/home/qanda/faq/removal/candlewax.htm

Try some stuff called "goo gone" its a citrus based cleaner. Dont know if you can get it over here. You may have to have some someone from the states send it over. It should clean it up.

You can also try the wax remover for floors. I use it to clean the base of the board from old wax, this thing is good for any kind of wax. Just dissolve it with some water and was topically whit it. Make sure though you try it first on some edge of the carpet to check if the carpet colour comes of too. You can find this thing in most of the home centers, I bought mine in Tokyu Hands.

Have you tried a google on "wax removal"?

Ironing with newspaper is not bad. But I suggest some cotton cloth or tissue paper. The absorbtion is better. Newspaper may leave black print marks.

Another option is to cut it out with a sharp knive, and fit in a piece you cut out from another carpet area, maybe from under the sofa or under a cupboard.