• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like sausages, I miss them when I am here which is most of the year! I don't mind the ones here though either, maybe I don't want to know what is in them!

I have found some information and am now starting to put it together. I sent off some letters to sausage companies as well and hope to hear from them!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fossil:
Its all in the translation apparently
I believe "Du hast wurst" in german means to be lucky and another expression states that "that is all sausage to me" meaning it is of no consequence or very common. ....
"Du hast Schwein" = You are lucky (Schwein = Pig)

"that is all sausage to me" = Das ist mir Wurst = Doesn't matter to me, not my concern.
 Quote:
Originally posted by I'm Sexy:
I don't like sausages at all... I read sometime what is in them.
Depends. In the old days we used to buy a pig, slaughter it, and make it into meat products. There was nothing revolting in it.

Friends who worked in a saussage factory all said that this is an awful job.

Nitrite: You need it to keep the meat red. Otherwise it will turn grey. Like a steak that you fry.

Jesus Nicole, you are right, they are nasty!

Sorry, I can't help myself: look at that disgraceful great 'stralian cuisine. Just because we cook it on a bbq.... we think it is good. We are truly children of England: food is a processed sausage wrapped in a piece of white bread from a supermarket. Flavour is tomato sauce. Oh dear....