Our region of Niigata is known as the place for the famous (best) 'koshihikari' rice and maybe that's why the water here is so goddam oishii. In winter it just gets so cold and it tastes the best - best I've ever had from a tap anyway.

Anyone care to challenge?

BEST water I ever tasted was bubbling (dripping) out of a spring high up on top of the Stirling Ranges in south-west Western Australia. Had to scale up a series of small vertical faces up into a crevice to get to it. It is the only source of water there after a day and a bit hike up onto the ridge.

I think there are 2 aspects here, one is the water quality and the other one is the taste. I always drank tap water back home. It comes from a mountain stream above my house. We always thought it tasted really good, so my dad actually had it analyzed by a lab to check it out. It turns out that the contents are better than Evian. So the local town-hall is now thinking about bottling it and selling it...

People have different tastes when it comes to water, but as for quality one thing you should look out for in the contents is nitrates (associated among other things with fertilizers run-offs in the water table/stream/aquafer). The lower the better (0 mg/l being the goal). Among commercial waters Evian has one of the lowest nitrate contents along with some water from the scottish highlands whose name I forgot.

One of the worst waters by far... I will let you guess. In France where by law you have to put the water composition on the sticker, they have put it on the reverse side (the one glued to the bottle) and you can only see the composition of the water by looking through the bottle. Guess what though, the glass is tinted... \:\(

I remember in California seeing the source for a brand whose name I cannot remember (could it be crystal geyser or something like this?), it looked like a dirt hole surrounded by heavy machinery... Quite different from the pic on the label.

• 2 weeks later...
 Quote:
One of the worst waters by far... I will let you guess. In France where by law you have to put the water composition on the sticker, they have put it on the reverse side (the one glued to the bottle) and you can only see the composition of the water by looking through the bottle. Guess what though, the glass is tinted...
lol.gif interesting. I never never buy bottled water unless I absolutely have to (like a trip to a country where the tap water is no good). I just seems like flushing money down the drain.